Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ACR 4.3.1 runs slow.  (Read 1599 times)

Bill Koenig

ACR 4.3.1 runs slow.
« on: April 11, 2008, 10:40:55 am »

I recently installed CS3 as well as upgrading my PC by adding more ram for a total of 4 GB. Also, 80 Gb SATA II HD for scratch, a partition on my third internal drive (data storage) for windows page file. After all of this, my PC (XP Pro) ran noticeably faster.
Now I'm using ACR 4.3.1 to render my raw files, but ACR is much slower than PS. With no other programs running (other than bridge), just trying to zoom in, I get a brief pause, with the little hour glass popping up for about 1 second and then it zooms in. It seems that almost everything I do in ACR there is a brief pause, with zooming in on something being the slowest (along with the little hour glass popping up) The sliders don't seem to be as responsive as they should be either, when moving the sliders they seem sticky, they don't move smoothy, sort of jerky. I don't have these issues with photo shop.
I run antivirus software as well as antispyware on my PC and they report all is well.
So, is this just the way it is with ACR? if not, any ideas on how it speed things up?
Bill Koenig,
Pages: [1]   Go Up