Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Hasselblad H2F Update  (Read 30064 times)

TechTalk

Hasselblad H2F Update
« on: April 10, 2008, 05:07:48 pm »

As no one has posted this information yet, this is the latest information on the H2F from Hasselblad.

"H2F: Good news for Hasselblad users

We are just about to ship the first unit of our H2F cameras, and you will be very pleased to know that owners of Hasselblad's other digital products, such as the CF-39 and CF-22 will be able to benefit from full functionality of the H2F that including:

*Digital Auto Corrections (chromatic aberration, vignetting, distortion) are now available for the H2D as well as CF digital backs on the H2F.

*UltraFocus Level 1 opens H2D and CF digital backs to make use of the HCD28mm lens and the digital viewfinder HVD 90X.

*Owners of an H1/H2 and a CF product will be able to update their equipment to H2F capabilities so that they can also achieve the same benefits as mentioned above."

So, if you have invested in a Hasselblad CF or CFH back and an H1/H2 body in the past, you will be able to obtain most of the H3D features and functions soon. You can also purchase the new H2F as a spare body with all of the features noted above.

H2F Data Sheet Link
Respice, adspice, prospice - Look to the past, the present, the future

Dustbak

• Pepperanddust
Hasselblad H2F Update
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2008, 05:39:29 pm »

That certainly is good news. I also thought there is no need for a sync cable? The product sheet says it is compatible with CF & CHF backs so I guess that will be the case.

What type of battery will it be able to use besides the  123batteries, any idea? I assume the same as the H2?

The H2F was also supposed to be a cheaper alternative for the H2 it was replacing.

Now, if that is all the case. As a CF owner I will be very happy. Where can I order my spare body & HC28 and when can I have it?  
« Last Edit: April 10, 2008, 05:47:12 pm by Dustbak »

paul_jones

• http://www.paulrossjones.com
Hasselblad H2F Update
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2008, 06:15:10 pm »

will it mean that you can use 3rd party backs with the 28mm?
check my new website
[url=http://www.pau

david o

• http://www.davidolivier.net
Hasselblad H2F Update
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2008, 06:18:52 pm »

Hasselblad world champ flip over

Nick-T

Hasselblad H2F Update
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2008, 07:59:20 pm »

That certainly is good news. I also thought there is no need for a sync cable? The product sheet says it is compatible with CF & CHF backs so I guess that will be the case.

What type of battery will it be able to use besides the  123batteries, any idea? I assume the same as the H2?

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=188539\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Correct
No sync cable required with CF or CFH backs.
It will use the same rechargeable batts as the H2.

Nick-T
[url=http://www.hasselbladdigitalforum.c

TechTalk

Hasselblad H2F Update
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2008, 08:03:11 pm »

What type of battery will it be able to use besides the  123batteries, any idea? I assume the same as the H2?

The H2F was also supposed to be a cheaper alternative for the H2 it was replacing.

Now, if that is all the case. As a CF owner I will be very happy. Where can I order my spare body & HC28 and when can I have it? 
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=188539\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
CF & CFH backs fully interface with the H2F without a sync cable.

The batteries are interchangeable through the entire "H" series including the H2F. The rechargeable battery grip and charger are an accessory for the H2F and not included.

The H2F is less expensive than the H2. Medium-format cameras are not profitable to manufacture and sell, so the camera is simply a necessary expense for supporting digital products which are profitable. This is why Leaf and Sinar are providing financial and logistical support for Rollei and the reason Phase One finally woke up and realized free rides from camera makers were over and began propping up Mamiya with some badly needed investment. Simple business and economic realities, no nefarious plots or evil schemes despite the conspiratorial fantasies that many seem to enjoy.

You can certainly enjoy being a happy CF owner as Hasselblad continues to expand the capabilities and technology of their digital back and digital camera products. They have done a great job over the years of adding new features and improvements to existing products through free firmware upgrades.

Nick-T

Hasselblad H2F Update
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2008, 08:05:09 pm »

CF & CFH backs fully interface with the H2F without a sync cable.

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=188573\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Bit slow on the reply there TechTalk....

Nick-T
[url=http://www.hasselbladdigitalforum.c

TechTalk

Hasselblad H2F Update
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2008, 08:06:07 pm »

will it mean that you can use 3rd party backs with the 28mm?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=188548\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
No.

TechTalk

Hasselblad H2F Update
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2008, 08:09:41 pm »

Bit slow on the reply there TechTalk....

Nick-T
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=188574\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Sorry Nick. I tend to be long winded and overly verbose. Except in my last reply (sometimes one word is enough).

Hope you are doing well!

BlasR

• http://BMRWorldPhotos.com
Hasselblad H2F Update
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2008, 08:09:46 pm »

Tech,

that is great news,

thanks for the info.

BlasR
BlasR
  [url=http://www.BMRWORLDPHOTOS.CO

TechTalk

Hasselblad H2F Update
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2008, 08:17:13 pm »

Hasselblad world champ flip over
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=188551\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Maybe you could start a fund to sponsor them in the gymnastic competition in the upcoming olympics.

Just make sure that if you photograph their performance, you shoot it with a Hasselblad back.

david o

Hasselblad H2F Update
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2008, 12:24:30 am »

Maybe you could start a fund to sponsor them in the gymnastic competition in the upcoming olympics.

Just make sure that if you photograph their performance, you shoot it with a Hasselblad back.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=188578\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

not too much appelaing to me...

Dustbak

• Pepperanddust
Hasselblad H2F Update
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2008, 07:05:37 am »

Not so sure if it is not so appealing.

A back that can be fit on virtually all systems by means of an adapter plate, 22MP under 10K euros (soon), possible multishot, the cheapest available MF 28mm, lens corrections, etc..

and now a body that is one of the cheapest of MF bodies (new).

I think Hasselblad is racking up a pretty good package by now. Sure you might not like the company or the way it has gotten there but have a good look at the product package and I think for a lot of people it is very appealing.

BTW, I have never felt a big urge to go H3, still not. I am glad it now appears Hasselblad is still committed to those that like to mess around and tweak with various camera systems.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 08:06:22 am by Dustbak »

samuel_js

Hasselblad H2F Update
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2008, 08:54:03 am »

Still don't get it....
So now you have to buy an identical camera (with another name) to benefit of these advantages like correction etc...
Isn't a firmware update the logical step? Cheaper, faster.....

Oh my....

Dustbak

• Pepperanddust
Hasselblad H2F Update
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2008, 09:05:17 am »

Not sure how the upgrade from H2 to H2F is going, might very well be a firmware upgrade. I have just asked a dealer. Or maybe the H2F is really different than the H2, who knows.

Question is, what happens to the ability of using, lets say a Leaf on your H2 when you upgrade it to a H2F. I don't own a Leaf anymore but does make me wonder. Maybe I should sell my H2 and just get a new H2F (when they are available).

Yes, the move has been made to lock out 3rd party backs but that has been discussed at length and is quite obvious.

For CF owners, like me, this is a good development.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 09:06:48 am by Dustbak »

david o

Hasselblad H2F Update
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2008, 11:50:09 am »

A back that can be fit on virtually all systems by means of an adapter plate, 22MP under 10K euros (soon), possible multishot, the cheapest available MF 28mm, lens corrections, etc..

I think Hasselblad is racking up a pretty good package by now. Sure you might not like the company or the way it has gotten there but have a good look at the product package and I think for a lot of people it is very appealing.
BTW, I have never felt a big urge to go H3, still not. I am glad it now appears Hasselblad is still committed to those that like to mess around and tweak with various camera systems.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=188668\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

the idea to shoot gym is not... not sure I could, I found the news itself pretty good...

j.miller

Hasselblad H2F Update
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2008, 11:54:32 am »

It is my understanding you will see these H2F features available for the H2, via a firmware upgrade.

According to recent Hasselblad news.... "Owners of an H1/H2 and a CF product will be able to update their equipment to H2F capabilities so that they can also achieve the same benefits..."

As most are aware, there have been firmware feature improvements for the H2 over the last year. Those firmware upgrades, and future firmware upgrades are installed by use of a Hasselblad CF-Series back on the H2 body, and connected to the current version of FlexColor / Phocus.

Regards,

Jordan Miller

Not sure how the upgrade from H2 to H2F is going, might very well be a firmware upgrade. I have just asked a dealer. Or maybe the H2F is really different than the H2, who knows.

Question is, what happens to the ability of using, lets say a Leaf on your H2 when you upgrade it to a H2F. I don't own a Leaf anymore but does make me wonder. Maybe I should sell my H2 and just get a new H2F (when they are available).

Yes, the move has been made to lock out 3rd party backs but that has been discussed at length and is quite obvious.

For CF owners, like me, this is a good development.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=188699\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
« Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 09:06:20 am by JEM_DTG »

Streetshooter

Hasselblad H2F Update
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2008, 01:59:55 pm »

I assume once you upgrade to the new body/firmware you won't be able to use any other back other than a Hasselblad on it?  

Pete

j.miller

Hasselblad H2F Update
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2008, 02:23:07 pm »

Pete,
    I do not believe that will be the case with the H2. That would require not only adding features and functionality via new firmware, but also disabling existing hardware and firmware functionality.

However, with the H2F, it is not entirely clear exactly how it will "work" with digital backs other than Hasselblad's. One might assume it will require the use of a sync cable (body to back), which is what was mentioned when the H2F was originally announced.

Once the H2F is in the hands of dealers and end-users, I believe most of these questions and concerns will be addressed.

Regards,

Jordan Miller

I assume once you upgrade to the new body/firmware you won't be able to use any other back other than a Hasselblad on it?  

Pete
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=188771\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
« Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 09:06:29 am by JEM_DTG »

klane

• I live in a c-stand fort.
Hasselblad H2F Update
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2008, 03:12:00 pm »

Is there an upcoming price drop on the CF 22 that has been announced or is this speculation?
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up