Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Calibrating monitor problems  (Read 2411 times)

sniper

Calibrating monitor problems
« on: April 10, 2008, 07:12:21 am »

I have been trying to callibrate the CRT monitor that came with my dell, I'm using the spyder (xp pro) I ran through the sequence following the instructions (in the dark) then when it finished it showed a before and after.  Well the before was miles better, the after was very magenta, not just a little, loads too magenta, even my youngest son (12) came in and said that all red dad.  Any ideas whats gone wrong? I followed the instructions carefully, ajusting the colours is easy enough, you just ajust a colour till a colour bar matches (even I couldn't get that wrong) and yes I did update.
Any spyder experts here  HELP!!

Thanks  Wayne

KeithR

« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2008, 05:46:21 pm »

I have been trying to callibrate the CRT monitor that came with my dell, I'm using the spyder (xp pro) I ran through the sequence following the instructions (in the dark) then when it finished it showed a before and after.  Well the before was miles better, the after was very magenta, not just a little, loads too magenta, even my youngest son (12) came in and said that all red dad.  Any ideas whats gone wrong? I followed the instructions carefully, ajusting the colours is easy enough, you just ajust a colour till a colour bar matches (even I couldn't get that wrong) and yes I did update.
Any spyder experts here  HELP!!

Thanks  Wayne
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Have you tried the colorvision forum?
[a href=\"http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/colorvision_group/?yguid=77473018]http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/colorvi...?yguid=77473018[/url]
The destination is our goal but it’s the journey we experience

sniper

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2008, 12:02:38 pm »

Thanks for the reply keith, No I hadn't heard of it before, I'll have to give it a try I think.  Thanks  Wayne

Peter_DL

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2008, 12:19:32 pm »

Now in Photoshop: what do you see e.g. with a grayramp before/after soft-proof Monitor RGB.

It’s a while ago that a calibrated a CRT (with Spyder I), however, this test should give you a basic indication about the alignment of R/G/B tonal reproduction curves and the ability of the profile to compensate for it.

Next would be to ask which part of your software-calibration stands in such contradiction to the native (hardware-calibrated) state to screw up everything. So more detailed info about your procedure might be helpful…

Peter

--

sniper

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2008, 04:43:52 am »

I have binned the spyder calibration and gone back to the original, a greyscale ramp in that shows a very small change in contrast when I switch to monitor rgb, before everything was magenta, even the greyscale image.
The instructions are pretty simple with the spyder, I followed the boxes on screen, applied the spyder to the screen box, and updated after every colour ajustment.  It just kept on telling me I needed more and more red all the time, even when it looked wrong to the eye.
When it finished and showed the before and after I was horrified, for a minute I though I was looking at the wrong version, the test image looked really red in the after version, the before looked fine.
Thanks  Wayne
Pages: [1]   Go Up