Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 1DS MK3 raw files  (Read 4896 times)

soboyle

• shaunoboylephoto.com
1DS MK3 raw files
« on: April 08, 2008, 01:11:16 pm »

I'm seriously considering a move to the 1Ds MK3 from a 5D for many reasons, the build quality, speed, weather proofing, and most importantly the image quality and pixel count for large prints.
I was hoping some 1Ds MK3 owners could tell me just how much better the raw files are compared to my 5D files. More tolerant of contrast enhancement, less noise, wider dynamic range?
I've been very happy with the 5D, but will be printing up to 50 inches wide on the next project, and want print quality to be as good as possible using Canon lenses and bodies.

sojournerphoto

1DS MK3 raw files
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2008, 05:42:21 pm »

I'm seriously considering a move to the 1Ds MK3 from a 5D for many reasons, the build quality, speed, weather proofing, and most importantly the image quality and pixel count for large prints.
I was hoping some 1Ds MK3 owners could tell me just how much better the raw files are compared to my 5D files. More tolerant of contrast enhancement, less noise, wider dynamic range?
I've been very happy with the 5D, but will be printing up to 50 inches wide on the next project, and want print quality to be as good as possible using Canon lenses and bodies.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=187986\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I'm hoping to find time to make some comparison next week - just for fun. I'll post them when I get done.

Mike

mcfoto

• http://montalbetticampbell.com
1DS MK3 raw files
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2008, 07:58:12 am »

Hi
I own (we) both the 5D & 1DsMKIII & BUY THE 1DsMKIII!!!!!!!!!!. It is a BRILLIANT CAMERA!!!!!!!!!!
The 5D does make a great backup. This camera is great, coming from a MFD background.
Denis
Denis Montalbetti
Montalbetti+Campbell [

Big Bird

1DS MK3 raw files
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2008, 11:22:56 am »

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=187986\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I just picked up a 1Dsm3 and have done a few small direct comparisons. The mark3 has more colorful and sharper raw files compared to the 5D. This kind of surprised me with all the AA filter talk on the M3, but in two separate tests, the M3 was better.
In terms of color , I found the M3 files to be richer. Detail wise, the M3 was once again better, although not by as much as you would think with the extra megs.
As far as a tool goes, the M3 is far superior to the 5D, AF is quick and accurate, controls and menus easy to work with.
Pages: [1]   Go Up