Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Soft proofing: Preseve RBG Numbers  (Read 3629 times)

MarkL

Soft proofing: Preseve RBG Numbers
« on: April 05, 2008, 04:22:34 pm »

I'm having a colour management nightmare   . Prints are consistantly much much darker (probably 2 stops) than they are on the screen even with correct soft proofing.

I have tried profiles from both MonacoOPTIX and ColorEyes using the MonacoOPTIX XR so that eliminates the screen calibration. I get this with both with the stock HP Advanced Glossy profile and a custom profile I had done for Harman Gloss AL which eliminates the printer/paper profile. "Application managed colors" is selected in the HP printer setup dialogue.

After more messing around I checked the "Preseve RBG Numbers" box in the soft proof setup and I get on screen near enough exactly what I get out of the printer right now.

What is going on here? Is the profile just not being applied somehow?

Thanks for any help!

francois

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2008, 04:41:30 am »

…After more messing around I checked the "Preseve RBG Numbers" box in the soft proof setup and I get on screen near enough exactly what I get out of the printer right now.
Preserve RGB numbers is supposed to show how the print would look if you send the file without profile conversion...
Francois

Jack Flesher

• www.getdpi.com
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2008, 03:01:17 pm »

Sounds like you are double profiling by not properly turning off CM in your print driver.
Jack
[url=http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/

MarkL

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2008, 07:07:06 am »

So either double profiling or no profile baing applied at all?

I have the HP print driver set to "application managed colours", no idea why it would still try to CM. Perhaps I'll take this question to the HP B9180 forums.

Henry Goh

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2008, 08:03:57 am »

Sounds like you are double profiling by not properly turning off CM in your print driver.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=187468\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I agree with Jack.  You are most likely double profiling.

MarkL

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2008, 03:59:53 pm »

Fixed it.

I hacked the HP photoshop plugin so that it would run from CS3 (extracted the .msi from the CD and manually installed the files).

The result? Perfect prints at last. No idea what CS3 was doing since I followed the "how to print from photoshop" from the HP manual to the letter - I guess I'll never know! I'd be interested to know settings from 9180 users who use CS3 to print.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2008, 04:00:21 pm by MarkL »
Pages: [1]   Go Up