Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Z3100 4 year extended warranty  (Read 3799 times)

rickk

Z3100 4 year extended warranty
« on: April 05, 2008, 12:08:50 pm »

Has anyone purchased HP's 4 year (really 3 more years) extended warranty on a Z3100?
Most posts here about Z3100 Care Packs have mentioned the 2 additional years of support, and HP's website is inconsistent about whether the 4 year (HP#UF036E) and 5 year (HP#UF037E) Care Packs are really available for the Z3100.
Are there any known problems buying a Care Pack from a non-HP vendor?

Thanks,

Rick

Jim Cole

• Jim Cole Photography
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2008, 05:49:11 pm »

I bought my 3-Year from IT Supplies. Absolutely no problems.

Jim
Jim Cole
Flagstaff, AZ www.jimcolephoto.

rdonson

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2008, 06:14:36 pm »

I bought my 3-Year from IT Supplies. Absolutely no problems.

Jim
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Jim,

Did you buy it separately from the printer purchase?  I can't find the warranty by itself on the IT Supplies website.

[a href=\"http://www.dtgweb.com]DTG[/url], where I purchased my printer, is offering the 3 year care pack for $1499.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2008, 06:19:24 pm by rdonson »
Regards,
Ron

rickk

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2008, 06:47:19 pm »

Jim: thanks for that info.

Tech on Web sells more than 1100 printer "maintenance agreements", and their prices on the HP Care Packs reduce the annual cost by more than $150.

Rick

Colorwave

• Colorwave Imaging
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2008, 07:25:23 pm »

Does one know who will actually be servicing your printer when you purchase an extended warranty from one of these non-HP channels?  I would like to save money, but not if it means someone who works on every brand and knows just a bit about a hundred different models servicing my printer.  
-Ron H.
-Ron H.
[url=http://colorwaveimaging.com

Jim Cole

• Jim Cole Photography
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2008, 08:13:20 pm »

On the IT Supplies website, go to the HP Z3100 printer page for your size Z and scroll down the page. They offer the 3 year packages there. For my 44" Z the item # is UF035E.

THis is the extended warranty offered by HP, not a third party. After purchase, IT Supplies notifies HP support of the new warranty and then HP updates their system to extend your warranty.

Jim
Jim Cole
Flagstaff, AZ www.jimcolephoto.

rdonson

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2008, 08:18:16 pm »

Does one know who will actually be servicing your printer when you purchase an extended warranty from one of these non-HP channels?  I would like to save money, but not if it means someone who works on every brand and knows just a bit about a hundred different models servicing my printer. 
-Ron H.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=187320\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I can't speak for all of them.  At least with DTG its an HP 3100 Designjet Care Pack.  I know that DTG is an authorized HP dealer.

HP Printer Accessories - Designjet Z3100 Care Pack, 3 Year Next Business Day

This HP service provides high-quality remote assistance and onsite support for your covered hardware, helping you to improve product uptime. Service is available during the coverage window, 9 hours per day, between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. local time, Monday through Friday excluding HP holidays.An HP authorized representative will arrive at the Customer's site during the coverage window to begin hardware maintenance service the next coverage day after the service request has been logged. Service requests received outside the coverage window will be logged the next coverage day and serviced within the following coverage day.Next-day response, standard business hours (9x5)

- Improved system uptime
- Convenient onsite support
- Next-day response, standard business hours (9x5)  
« Last Edit: April 05, 2008, 08:21:15 pm by rdonson »
Regards,
Ron

tonywong

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2008, 12:27:50 am »

All HP Support packages for the z3100 printers are listed here on HP's site:

http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/us/en/sm/WF...79-3204970.html

Click the "view compatible products" to verify that your model is on the list, if you're not sure.

neil snape

• http://www.neilsnape.com
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2008, 01:56:41 am »

IT is still confusing , but just want to say the extended warranties are a different coverage than the standard purchased printer warranty, which do not extend the warranty 3 years from the date of the extended warranty purchase, but three years from the purchase date of the printer.
That is what I believe but could be totally wrong.

rickk

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2008, 10:57:08 am »

Neil is correct about the timing. The marketing folks tried to give the appearance of an extra year.
Depending on the vendor, the cost works out to $650-750 per year.
For those of us who live hundreds of miles from the nearest service tech, it is a good deal,
unless the printer never breaks down again.

Rick
Pages: [1]   Go Up