Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Workflow advice please  (Read 2242 times)

Pelao

Workflow advice please
« on: April 05, 2008, 10:29:19 am »

Hi

I have been using bridge and PS as the central part of my workflow for a few years now. It works well, but after playing with a trial of LR I feel it offers distinct advantages.

I am having one workflow issue, and I hope someone can offer advice. I suspect I am just missing something simple...

I shoot RAW, then usually convert to DNG. Then I edit according to use. So, what I end up with is a folder for each shoot, with a subset of folders like this:
- Originals (DNG)
- Edited for printing
- Edited for web

This has worked very well for me. One of the downsides is storage space. With LR this is much reduced.

The problem I cannot get my tiny brain around is how to replicate this, in terms of results, in LR.

What I want is 3 versions: my original, one for printing and one for web.

Do I create virtual copies? If I do so, can I rename in some way so I know which is original and which for print?

I would appreciate any assistance or advice.

Thanks in advance,
Steve

NikoJorj

• http://nikojorj.free.fr/
Workflow advice please
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2008, 04:33:20 pm »

What I want is 3 versions: my original, one for printing and one for web.

Do I create virtual copies?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=187226\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
The simpler is to make an export for web, and from then (take a snapshot), tweak your image for print. You could either use a VC, but the printed image will start from that for the web, won't it? A snapshot doesn't mess the catalog as much, I'd say.
If you print outside, make a 2nd export for printing.

Note for the future : I hope we'll have some more powerful printing presets (presets that apply only in the Print module) with, Inch'Allah, the final 2.0 and its softproofing? This will elegantly solve the problem...
Nicolas from Grenoble
A small gallery
Pages: [1]   Go Up