Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: nikon d3 settings question  (Read 2848 times)

bobby18301

nikon d3 settings question
« on: April 04, 2008, 11:06:10 am »

I hope this doesn't sound like a stupid question. I recently, by accident, reset some custom functions and maybe that had something to do with the following problem.
When I am in Manual mode I can see my exposure "graph" vertically on the right side in my viewfinder window, and it's also visible when I am in shutter priority. However, now I cannot see it there when I am in Aperature priority mode. How can I get that back? I've been all through the manual and I'm sure I was seeing it there before.

jcote

• http://www.johncotephotography.com
nikon d3 settings question
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2008, 10:04:32 am »

I hope this doesn't sound like a stupid question. I recently, by accident, reset some custom functions and maybe that had something to do with the following problem.
When I am in Manual mode I can see my exposure "graph" vertically on the right side in my viewfinder window, and it's also visible when I am in shutter priority. However, now I cannot see it there when I am in Aperature priority mode. How can I get that back? I've been all through the manual and I'm sure I was seeing it there before.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=187014\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Bobby,

This does not sound like a stupid question but the answer may seem obvious anyway.

The only time that the "Exposure Meter/Graph" at the right vertical side of your viewfinder should show up when you are in any Auto mode, whether it be shutter or aperture priority, is if you have some exposure comp plugged in. Otherwise it would always read right in the center so why have it show up. In any auto mode, the camera thinks it has determined a proper exposure so the meter would always read + or - 0 so why have it in auto mode anyway.
Pages: [1]   Go Up