Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Emailing photos from Lightroom 2?  (Read 8495 times)

guitarbuff

Emailing photos from Lightroom 2?
« on: April 03, 2008, 06:36:54 pm »

Hi,

Can anyone tell me please is there now a straighforward way to send a photo via email from Lightroom 2?

I often make a few quick enhancements in the quickdevelop module and want to send a cople of pics to friends or post on a blog before I spend more time improving the photos.

In lightroom 1.3 I use the export present but it is a real pain!!

If anyone knows a better way please let me know.

Tnx.

MarcRochkind

« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2008, 09:49:02 pm »

It won't help much with the email issue, but LRViewer (free) allows viewing of a LR catalog without LR. You can export the catalog and send it to someone else, although it might be too big to email... depends on the number of images and the size of the previews.

A new feature, PhotoSelectLink, allows the recipient to select images and make notes, and that info gets passed back to the photographer, without having to send the catalog itself back.

Details at ImageIngester.com.

--Marc

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2008, 08:30:11 am »

It's pretty simple on Mac. On Windows you may need to get something called Mapimailer that Steven Sutherland wrote - search Adobe's Lightroom forum.

John

guitarbuff

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2008, 08:45:13 am »

Thank you John. thats what I am currently using but I am just hoping that Adobe will incorporate and email option in the new version of Lightroom 2.

Anyone with any clout (Cough, Cough, Jeff?) out there have a quiet word in their ear? I know loads of people who would love this who just want to send a quick pic to their family and friends once they have taken their images off the card. It woudl laso make life easier for updating blogs etc.

Please Adobe??!..........Pretty Please???.........Pretty please with sugar????
« Last Edit: April 04, 2008, 12:57:47 pm by guitarbuff »

sniper

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2008, 09:28:01 am »

Download Picassa 2 (free) and use that.  It also does slideshow with music!.   Wayne

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2008, 05:43:29 am »

Thank you John. thats what I am currently using but I am just hoping that Adobe will incorporate and email option in the new version of Lightroom 2.

Anyone with any clout (Cough, Cough, Jeff?) out there have a quiet word in their ear? I know loads of people who would love this who just want to send a quick pic to their family and friends once they have taken their images off the card. It woudl laso make life easier for updating blogs etc.

Please Adobe??!..........Pretty Please???.........Pretty please with sugar????
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=186991\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I've nowhere as much clout - or influence - as Jeff, but as a mainly-Windows user I've more incentive and have been putting those quick words directly in Adobe's ear. I'll do so again.

John

picnic

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2008, 09:42:24 am »

Hi,

Can anyone tell me please is there now a straighforward way to send a photo via email from Lightroom 2?

I often make a few quick enhancements in the quickdevelop module and want to send a cople of pics to friends or post on a blog before I spend more time improving the photos.

In lightroom 1.3 I use the export present but it is a real pain!!

If anyone knows a better way please let me know.

Tnx.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=186880\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I'm curious why you think its a pain to use the email preset in LR 1.3?  Mine puts mine in a designated folder with the parameters as I want them and I just use that as an attachment.  Are you wanting it to pull up the email window for you like Picasa?  I wonder how important that would be for most people---when its basically one more step to do it directly in email.

Diane

guitarbuff

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2008, 11:48:17 am »

I'm curious why you think its a pain to use the email preset in LR 1.3?  Mine puts mine in a designated folder with the parameters as I want them and I just use that as an attachment.  Are you wanting it to pull up the email window for you like Picasa?  I wonder how important that would be for most people---when its basically one more step to do it directly in email.

Diane
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=187217\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Eh? One more step????  

1. Leave Lightroom ....
2. Navigate to open email application (Microsoft Outlook)....
3. Wait for email application to load and download existing emails from server (which I don't want to read right now...... I just want to send a photo to a friend/relative/clinet/blog....
4. Navigate to create new email....
5. Start having to navigate my directory structures to find the folder that lgihtroom saved the picture in.....
6. Scroll down past several earlier exported pictures that I don't want to email and find the one that I don want to email.....
7. Wait a sec for the attachement to load and after typing a brief message hit  the send button.....
8. Close email app (Free up resources, already running lightroom, CS3 and a few toher apps).....
9. Return to ligthroom.....
10. Look at some more images taken from the camera....oh look might send that one to my blog...Hmm...here we go again...back to step 1......  

So whilst Ligthroom 2 is in Beta I would humbly like to ask for a feature request:- "Send by email".

It would be a nice touch.

capecodfish

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2008, 10:20:54 am »

i'm with you guitarbuff.
it's a pain to have to have an "email folder" at all. it's one of the appeals of aperture    just click on "email" and the version as it currently is is exported and opened in a mail file, ready for you to add the name and the message.  no folder required.  i got used to using this feature in photo mechanic although obviously it is best to do it in that application from a processed version rather than the raw which does not solve the issue fully for me.  lightroom would be well served adding this feature!!

Florentine

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2008, 06:14:02 pm »

i'm with you guitarbuff.
it's a pain to have to have an "email folder" at all. it's one of the appeals of aperture    just click on "email" and the version as it currently is is exported and opened in a mail file, ready for you to add the name and the message.  no folder required.  i got used to using this feature in photo mechanic although obviously it is best to do it in that application from a processed version rather than the raw which does not solve the issue fully for me.  lightroom would be well served adding this feature!!
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=187413\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

it's not so hard in Mac thought not as easy as iPhoto: export. designate target. click.  
i'd like to know how to make the email image larger. it's too small to make any impact.

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2008, 06:22:41 pm »

it's not so hard in Mac thought not as easy as iPhoto: export. designate target. click. 
i'd like to know how to make the email image larger. it's too small to make any impact.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=208198\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Notice the image size settings

John

knweiss

« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2008, 12:50:36 pm »

That's easy in LR2: Select "Export" and in "After Export: Open in Other Application" choose "Apple Mail": Now the selected photos will exported (and resized if you want) and then automatically opened in an empty "New Message" Mail window.

However, and that's why I'm continuing this old thread, this only works for me with one or two photos apple in Apple Mail 3.3 / Leopard 10.5.4. If I select three or more photos Apple Mail will crash or freeze (spinning wheel).

If you try it please tell me if it works for you with three photos.
Pages: [1]   Go Up