Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52]   Go Down

Author Topic: Recent Works  (Read 369405 times)

RomanJohnston

Recent Works
« Reply #1020 on: March 16, 2010, 06:55:46 am »

Quote from: GBPhoto
Nice shot - was there (climbing, not shooting) Sat. as well.

I hope you don't limit yourself to the easy-picking rimrock shots - there's a whole lot more to explore there!  Although it does look like you were there at dawn, so I guess that counts for something.  

I walked that entire section of the park till about 1:00 in the afternoon...so nope. Just was there at the right light....and took the shot. Not gonna turn it down just because it was easy....lol.

I have been up Misery Ridge...

Back to the bend near Morning Glory Wall...

Even back around the north bend before you get to Student Wall...

It's one of my favorite stops in Central Oregon. I have family in Madras, and Redmond, and my wife grew up in the area. She was taught the names of the mountains before she could write her own name....lol.

My favorite part though is the geese that fly around all morning waking the entire park up......and I even get there somtimes before that happens....

Roman
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 08:17:11 am by RomanJohnston »

vorlich

Recent Works
« Reply #1021 on: March 19, 2010, 06:41:05 am »

Quote from: EgillBjarki
I just started on a new project, I'm still not sure where I'm going with this, but here are 9 pics from the first 2 walks. Let me know what you think...

Nikon D700 with 50mm 1.4D and 24mm 2.8D. Most Images are at f5.6.

Really love this work. Definite potential for householders to get confrontational, ever had any problems?

vorlich

Recent Works
« Reply #1022 on: March 19, 2010, 06:54:43 am »

A few recent works. I've been working on unfussy composition and simplification of my images recently.

Canon 350D, Tamron 17-50mm f2.8 or Canon 70-200mm f/4 L

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
Recent Works
« Reply #1023 on: March 19, 2010, 10:18:59 am »

Quote from: vorlich
A few recent works. I've been working on unfussy composition and simplification of my images recently.

Canon 350D, Tamron 17-50mm f2.8 or Canon 70-200mm f/4 L

I like what you are doing with these. My favorite is the last one, abstract but recognizable (stripped to the essentials). I also like numbers 1 and 4 very much, but the others seems still to contain a bit of "clutter" that doesn't seem to add to the overall impact of the image.

Nice work!

Eric

-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

Hoang

• http://www.hxpham.com
Recent Works
« Reply #1024 on: April 01, 2010, 09:41:26 pm »

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hxpham/4482922962/
An interesting little nook I found at my school that I saw while waiting for class. I decided to revisit it today with my camera.

EgillBjarki

Recent Works
« Reply #1025 on: April 03, 2010, 03:46:17 pm »

Quote from: TMARK
I think it works in the series because it is different.  Its a little dissonance that breaks up the one point perspective of the other frames but is clearly in the same style as the other shots.

I saw in your cite the 911 Eagle mural on Court Street in Carroll Gardens.  I lived there for 15 years and still have a condo above Fairway in Red Hook. I always meant to shoot that mural properly myself!

T

Thank you, I really can't get my self to cut that photo from the series, it's one of my personal fav's.

I was visiting people in my family who live in Brooklyn, I asked them to show me around and they took me on a tour that included the 911 eagle mural. This was my first time in NY, in USA for that matter, such a interesting trip, I'd love to live there some day.  

Quote from: vorlich
Really love this work. Definite potential for householders to get confrontational, ever had any problems?

Ha ha ha ha, well I did not run into any trouble. When people walked by or looked at me I greeted them very calmly so that people got the sense that I was relaxed and thought what I was doing something absolutely  normal. I have plans to build more on the series, hopefully I will not run into any trouble in the future!

Here are some new photos I recently posted on my page, I am interested to know what people think.

Chairman Bill

• flickr page
Recent Works
« Reply #1026 on: April 03, 2010, 07:06:23 pm »

A B&W of a windswept oak on Dartmoor

[attachment=21260:Wizened_...___rocks.jpg]
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 07:08:17 pm by Chairman Bill »

thierrylegros396

Recent Works
« Reply #1027 on: April 08, 2010, 06:59:05 am »

Sun through a double glass window in the morning !

Thierry

thewanderer

Recent Works
« Reply #1028 on: April 09, 2010, 01:09:41 am »

[attachment=21396:on_the_edge.jpg]
[attachment=21393:tango_shoes.jpg]
[attachment=21395:frog_in_flower_2.jpg]
[attachment=21394:Sleeping...entinian.jpg]

thought I would play, never loaded here,  I am a nature person by choice, but try to through in something else now and again to see what comes out

viahorizon

Recent Works
« Reply #1029 on: April 09, 2010, 02:01:56 pm »

Quote from: EgillBjarki
I just started on a new project, I'm still not sure where I'm going with this, but here are 9 pics from the first 2 walks. Let me know what you think...

Nikon D700 with 50mm 1.4D and 24mm 2.8D. Most Images are at f5.6.

Great and refreshing!
gallery@viahorizon
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52]   Go Up