Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: xEposure News - Release  (Read 17906 times)

BJNY

xEposure News - Release
« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2008, 05:08:56 pm »

I haven't had a chance to try this yet, since I don't have daily access to an eMotion digital back:

Let's say you start the day knowing you'll be doing twenty shots,
so you name each of the twenty folders accordingly with the date, description, model's name, whatever....

If the software is smart enough to use the folder's name for each file as it's captured,
then this is a real timesaver and stress reliever.

I was critical to Michael G. for the loss of CaptureShop's Session Name dialog box, but I like this implementation way better.
Guillermo

raicerx

xEposure News - Release
« Reply #41 on: April 29, 2008, 11:35:07 am »

guys and gals I took eXposure out on a fashion shoot in Central Park last week. Shot tethered most of the day in rough circumstances. This is my report. Nothing. Nothing to report. Everything worked perfectly not a single crash or hiccup. Not when I exposed too fast not when I detached and reconnected not when I closed the laptop lid. Nothing. This software worked perfectly. I am amazed that Sinar could produce a crappy software package that would not work for years and should have been scrapped. And from the ashes comes this amazing interface that is as good as I have experienced.

Graham Mitchell

xEposure News - Release
« Reply #42 on: April 29, 2008, 11:43:17 am »

I also used Exposure in the field for the first time over the weekend. Nothing to report either

raicerx

xEposure News - Release
« Reply #43 on: April 29, 2008, 11:45:01 am »

Enough said. Now a question. How do I properly use a 24 spot color chart to make a profile? I have tried and made them but I fear I am doing it wrong as to switch between the default profile and the newly created one shows extreme changes in the image. I know how to shoot the card and measure it with and without a white reference but something seems off. I wonder if there are things that should be in place first like for example. Do I shoot the card and gray balance first, does the monitor profile matter? does the camera white and black reference matter? Anyone have experience in these things?

Goodi

• http://
xEposure News - Release
« Reply #44 on: May 01, 2008, 02:02:38 am »

Enough said. Now a question. How do I properly use a 24 spot color chart to make a profile? I have tried and made them but I fear I am doing it wrong as to switch between the default profile and the newly created one shows extreme changes in the image. I know how to shoot the card and measure it with and without a white reference but something seems off. I wonder if there are things that should be in place first like for example. Do I shoot the card and gray balance first, does the monitor profile matter? does the camera white and black reference matter? Anyone have experience in these things?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=192499\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

The color calibration can be done in two ways.

1. Tethered: Therefor you have to open the dialog in the software. Follow the instructions in the dialog itself

2. You can use a already taken image. Therefore choose a image in the contact sheet with a color checker. Open the color calibration dialog and follow the instructions. In this case you have to skip the second step with the white reference, cause it is not possible to make that afterward.

For the color calibration it doesn't matter if the image has a correct white balance, cause the calibration will be done with the RAW data without any correction applied even if you see it different in the preview. The monitor profile does not matters. The camera white and black reference does not matters too.

The reason why the profiles are showing big differences is that you are using different light compared to the factory color calibration.

Best regards
Goodi

bdp

• http://www.bendearnleyphotography.com
xEposure News - Release
« Reply #45 on: May 02, 2008, 05:56:20 pm »

Hi Michael,

I have a question about eXposure and live image. Does the live image using Schneider electronic shutters still close the shutter during the readout of the chip, or will I need to buy an LC shutter? Also, when do you think the Precision backs will be enabled?
« Last Edit: May 02, 2008, 06:00:51 pm by bdp »

museumbrich4d

xEposure News - Release
« Reply #46 on: July 15, 2008, 12:03:12 pm »

It has been about three months since the release of Exposure. What is the status of Exposure of the Evolution 75h?
Thanks,

Jeff Weir

• www.jeffweir.com
xEposure News - Release
« Reply #47 on: July 15, 2008, 02:02:33 pm »

Any idea when exposure will work with the Sinar 54H FW?

thsinar

• http://www.sinarcameras.com
xEposure News - Release
« Reply #48 on: July 15, 2008, 05:21:49 pm »

the Sinar eVolution 75 backs will be supported as per version 6.1, with release date at Photokina.

Best regards,
Thierry

It has been about three months since the release of Exposure. What is the status of Exposure of the Evolution 75h?
Thanks,
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=208407\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

thsinar

xEposure News - Release
« Reply #49 on: July 15, 2008, 05:23:18 pm »

The SB 54 H will be integrated in eXposure after the eVolution 75: no ETA yet, but possibly end of 2008.

Best regards,
Thierry

Any idea when exposure will work with the Sinar 54H FW?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=208442\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

bdp

• http://www.bendearnleyphotography.com
xEposure News - Release
« Reply #50 on: July 15, 2008, 05:28:43 pm »

Hi Thierry,

Any hints about what Sinar will be showing at Photokina?
« Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 05:31:26 pm by bdp »

thsinar

xEposure News - Release
« Reply #51 on: July 15, 2008, 05:32:41 pm »

... be sure that if we have to announce something, it will not be before Photokina.

Beside this:

- eXposure for Windows will be released by end of July

- The Sinar arTec is already something worth to be mentioned, announced already, but visible the very first time at Photokina in Cologne, DE.

Best regards,
Thierry

Hi Thierry,

What other announcements will there be from Sinar at Photokina.....? Any hints?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=208487\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

levinson

xEposure News - Release
« Reply #52 on: July 17, 2008, 02:31:57 am »

The SB 54 H will be integrated in eXposure after the eVolution 75: no ETA yet, but possibly end of 2008.

Best regards,
Thierry
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=208483\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

hi thierry,

does this means that 54M will also be supported at the same time frame as the 54H?

jeanne

thsinar

xEposure News - Release
« Reply #53 on: July 17, 2008, 05:06:51 am »

hi Jeanne,

We will do our possible to integrate the SB 54M to be supported with the Photokina released version, but without promise.

Best regards,
Thierry

hi thierry,

does this means that 54M will also be supported at the same time frame as the 54H?

jeanne
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=208840\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up