Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: xEposure News - Release  (Read 17912 times)

Goodi

• http://
xEposure News - Release
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2008, 02:14:41 am »

Michael G,

It would be terrible if one to has to re-position & close the separate control palettes EACH time the application is booted up.  Instead of resetting default, it needs to be savable according to the user's preference.
Or, am I missing something?

Edit:
I just tried again, with the same results.  For example.....
in the process tab, I dragged the input profile and working space to the bottom, I uncheck the sharpening, and I collapse the triangles to close input profile, working space and sharpening since I don't need to see these at all times.  When I quit out of the application and reboot, everything goes back to the default settings.

Billy
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=187963\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Dear Billy,
I think you missed something. Normally the software stores automatically the settings of the user interface and will have the same user interface after a restart. Within the tabs thats works only if you are moving the PlugIns inside a Tab. for example you can move the saturation on top of the "process tab" and it will be there also after a restart.It is also possible to move the saturation silder into the "Capture Tab"  but that won't be stored so after a restart the saturation is again in the process tab.

The functionality to move a plug in to a other tab is for a future function in eXposure.

best regards
Michael

BJNY

xEposure News - Release
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2008, 02:40:45 am »

Thank you Michael,
I'm not asking clearly enough, so I've attached a snapshot of how I'd like the controls to stay.
See where crop, working space, input profile & unsharp mask are moved to the bottom area, and that they all collapsed/closed.

[attachment=6020:attachment]

I will try using eXposure tomorrow for a beauty editorial, so I may have more feedback for you.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2008, 02:47:09 am by BJNY »
Guillermo

Goodi

xEposure News - Release
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2008, 02:49:06 am »

Thank you Michael,
I'm not asking clearly enough, so I've attached a snapshot of how I'd like the controls to stay.
See where crop, working space, input profile & unsharp mask are moved to the bottom area, and that they all collapsed/closed.

[attachment=6020:attachment]

I will try using eXposure tomorrow for a beauty editorial, so I may have more feedback for you.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=188140\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Dear Billy,
thanks, that seems to be a bug we didn't recognize so far. Thank you, I will report it.

best regards
Michael

BJNY

xEposure News - Release
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2008, 03:15:00 am »

Michael,
I find CaptureShop's implementation better here
because checkboxes and values are still visible when collapsed/closed.
I prefer the "Save As" triangles on the right hand side better than the tiny "i" in eXposure.
Billy

[attachment=6022:attachment]

Also, I believe it's gradation, NOT gradiation.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2008, 06:58:23 am by BJNY »
Guillermo

BJNY

xEposure News - Release
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2008, 10:29:06 am »

Where/How in eXposure does one name their files when tethered?

Here's "Session Name" dialog box in CaptureShop:

[attachment=6025:attachment]
Guillermo

Goodi

xEposure News - Release
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2008, 10:39:38 am »

Where/How in eXposure does one name their files when tethered?

Here's "Session Name" dialog box in CaptureShop:
[attachment=6025:attachment]
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=188218\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Dear Billy,
there is no way to give the images a Session Name. The default name is always the same name as the folder, but you can rename the images in a batch. That was not possible in Captureshop. To do that choose all files make a double click on on name an rename it. All images will be renamed added with a number. If you want to you can choose if all numbers, only even numbers or odd numbers are used.

Best regards
Michael

Goodi

xEposure News - Release
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2008, 10:41:21 am »

Dear Billy,
can you give me a favor. Report the small bugs directly to me. I think that is not so interesting for the people in the forum.
And it is easier for me when I have that in my mail program direct.

best regards
Michael

Michael,
I find CaptureShop's implementation better here
because checkboxes and values are still visible when collapsed/closed.
I prefer the "Save As" triangles on the right hand side better than the tiny "i" in eXposure.
Billy

[attachment=6022:attachment]

Also, I believe it's gradation, NOT gradiation.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=188145\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

museumbrich4d

xEposure News - Release
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2008, 12:47:24 pm »

Is there an estimated date for release of a version for the eVolution 75h?

PdF

xEposure News - Release
« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2008, 03:32:35 pm »

Report the small bugs directly to me. I think that is not so interesting for the people in the forum.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=188224\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I think that all the problems interest all the users... A complete information informs !

PdF
PdF

BJNY

xEposure News - Release
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2008, 09:52:47 pm »

Is there an estimated date for release of a version for the eVolution 75h?

Hello,
Would you mind telling your experience with the eVolution75, please?
And, what did you use before?
Billy
Guillermo

Prakash Patel

• http://www.prakashpatel.com
xEposure News - Release
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2008, 12:37:35 pm »

Hello Michael

Would you mind explaining  the intent and how the Color Calibration listed under the Capture pull down works?

Can you also explain how the shading calibration will work............for both tethered and untethered shooting and will there be a way to address the vignetting that is caused by shifting the lenses away from their optical center.

I am specifically interested in understanding the untethered workflow using Xposure

thankyou
« Last Edit: April 10, 2008, 02:33:37 pm by Prakash Patel »

Goodi

xEposure News - Release
« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2008, 02:34:56 am »

Hello Michael

Would you mind explaining  the intent and how the Color Calibration listed under the Capture pull down works?

Can you also explain how the shading calibration will work............for both tethered and untethered shooting and will there be a way to address the vignetting that is caused by shifting the lenses away from their optical center.

I am specifically interested in understanding the untethered workflow using Xposure

thankyou
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=188488\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Dear Prakesh,
the color calibration is making more or less a profile. It is stored as a matrix and not like profile as a look up table. That gives as a better control.

The color calibration can be directly with new captured images. In that case it is possible to correct uneven light with a kind of shading correction for the chart area. You can also make a color calibration after the shot. Therefore you have to choose a image from the contact sheet and start the color calibration. The color calibration can be assigned to single or multiple images via the image parameter.

The shading calibration is at the moment only usable in tethered mode. If you have made a color calibration you have to assign the shading calibration while you are shooting. It is not possible to change the shading of a image afterwards.

Best regards

Michael

Murray Fredericks

• http://www.murrayfredericks.com
xEposure News - Release
« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2008, 02:40:27 am »

The shading calibration is at the moment only usable in tethered mode. If you have made a color calibration you have to assign the shading calibration while you are shooting. It is not possible to change the shading of a image afterwards.

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=188633\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Michael,

when will the shading be abel to be applied retrospectively - this is a MAJORLY important feature for those working with Architecture and Interiors at the wide end of things?

I cannot use exposure with my back until then...

Murray
Exhibition Website   http://www.murrayfr

Goodi

xEposure News - Release
« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2008, 03:40:16 am »

Michael,

when will the shading be abel to be applied retrospectively - this is a MAJORLY important feature for those working with Architecture and Interiors at the wide end of things?

I cannot use exposure with my back until then...

Murray
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=188637\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Dear Murray,

we know that this is a important feature for Architecture and Interiors, but at the moment I cannot give you a date when it will be implemented into eXposure.

Best regards
Michael
« Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 03:40:38 am by Goodi »

raicerx

xEposure News - Release
« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2008, 12:44:12 pm »

good to see people happy with sinar software for a change. I see this as a major step forward for sinar. that is actually an understatement. I think this could save sinar. I was prepared to use my E75 as a paper weight since it was impossible to use with captureshop. exposure has so much to offer sinar owners now. I have put away my plans to buy a leaf. of course it is a new release and has bugs, but for now it seems so much more reliable than captureshop. the features are excellent especially things like the overlay. very well done sinar. thank you. we were waiting for this. now for the bugs.

please get a session naming application for this and fast.

Ok this is so basic I feel the fool asking but here goes. Am I crazy or is there no way to assign a capture folder in the program. I cant seem to change the folder that the images go to. I double click a folder in the browser window and the contact sheet changes but then i try a tethered capture and it doesnt go there, instead it goes to the previous capture folder.

Help

Graham Mitchell

xEposure News - Release
« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2008, 12:56:17 pm »

Am I crazy or is there no way to assign a capture folder in the program. I cant seem to change the folder that the images go to. I double click a folder in the browser window and the contact sheet changes but then i try a tethered capture and it doesnt go there, instead it goes to the previous capture folder.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=191238\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I had the same problem at first. Actually you are browsing different folders when you click on them. You need to assign capture folders separately. I don't have it open in front of me but I believe you click on the 'contact sheet' tab in the cameras panel to select the current folder as the capture folder.

raicerx

xEposure News - Release
« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2008, 01:23:37 pm »

Funny I just figured it out. Did you read about that in the manual in English or did they leave that out?

Graham Mitchell

xEposure News - Release
« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2008, 01:38:43 pm »

Funny I just figured it out. Did you read about that in the manual in English or did they leave that out?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=191247\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Michael Guthmann emailed the trick to me after I posted the same question as you did

raicerx

xEposure News - Release
« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2008, 02:22:08 pm »

I mentioned it to the new york crew in hopes that it will be broadcast in a newsletter or some form of email. I hope that Sinar steps up their communication on the new software.  thanks again for the help.

Goodi

xEposure News - Release
« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2008, 04:54:35 pm »

I had the same problem at first. Actually you are browsing different folders when you click on them. You need to assign capture folders separately. I don't have it open in front of me but I believe you click on the 'contact sheet' tab in the cameras panel to select the current folder as the capture folder.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=191241\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Dear Guys,

the reason why it is different to Captureshop is that eXposure is able to mount several backs at once and you can choose for every back a different shooting folder. Nevertheles it is only possible to shoot with one Back at once, but if you change the back the software will remember the right folder where the backs shoot before.

You will find the way how to choose a folder in eXposure in the manual as well

Best regards
Michael
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up