Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Price to Upgrade to LR 2.0  (Read 17213 times)

francois

Price to Upgrade to LR 2.0
« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2008, 03:50:29 am »

Do you mind explaining what that means?  if somebody tells me that I'm going to get 64 bit support I might say I don't need my bits in a support...  But such a bad joke would demean the quality of the discussion. More seriously, I understand 8, 16, 32 and 64 bit OS. More bits means more instructions per CPU cycle, means more work accomplished in a given amount of time.  But what does this mean to me as a photographer in post-production?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=187826\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
64 bit means that LR will be able to use more than 4GB of memory. This should give you better perfomance when you're dealing with large images.
Francois

neil snape

• http://www.neilsnape.com
« Reply #41 on: April 09, 2008, 02:23:47 am »

Hi
I was hoping for tethered from this new version but no mention of it.
Denis
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=187084\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Yes as it stands I have to go through the BS with DPP+EOS utility where you have to use a bug work around just to launch Canon's worthless software.
I would also like to have CMYK conversions towards the LR catalogue as I still have some legacy magazine files that I need to be catalogued in LR too.

free1000

• http://www.foliobook.mobi
« Reply #42 on: April 13, 2008, 05:59:19 am »

64 bit means that LR will be able to use more than 4GB of memory. This should give you better perfomance when you're dealing with large images.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=187876\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Lets hope they are smart with the database underlying LR and that it will also benefit from 64 bit support as the search capability is a bit of an achilles heel once you get decently large collections.
@foliobook
Foliobook professional photo
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up