Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Error message in ACR4/Bridge.  (Read 2330 times)

Dinarius

Error message in ACR4/Bridge.
« on: April 02, 2008, 01:22:54 pm »

I am trying to save Hasselblad MFDB files as Jpegs using ACR4.

I have already saved them as TIFFs and DNGs without any problem.

However, when I try to save them as size 5 Jpegs a window opens headed:

'Camera Raw Save Status', Remaining Images to Process (and a list of all 17
images is shown) Next to each file name is the line, "There was not enough memory."

Even if I reduce the number of images to be converted to 5 or 6, I have the same problem. ACR just won't convert them.

There are 4Gb RAM, plenty of HD space and no other program is open. Task Manager is showing Bridge's memory as oscillating between 700Mb and 1Gb, while CPU usage is given as about 50%. So, no problems there.

ACR simply will not save Jpegs for me!

Could it be a cache problem?

Any idea what might be causing this?

Thanks.

D.

KeithR

« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2008, 03:57:20 pm »

I am trying to save Hasselblad MFDB files as Jpegs using ACR4.

I have already saved them as TIFFs and DNGs without any problem.

However, when I try to save them as size 5 Jpegs a window opens headed:

'Camera Raw Save Status', Remaining Images to Process (and a list of all 17
images is shown) Next to each file name is the line, "There was not enough memory."

Even if I reduce the number of images to be converted to 5 or 6, I have the same problem. ACR just won't convert them.

There are 4Gb RAM, plenty of HD space and no other program is open. Task Manager is showing Bridge's memory as oscillating between 700Mb and 1Gb, while CPU usage is given as about 50%. So, no problems there.

ACR simply will not save Jpegs for me!

Could it be a cache problem?

Any idea what might be causing this?

Thanks.

D.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=186457\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
ACR files are 16 bit. Tiff files can be 16 or 8. Jpegs can only be 8 bit. My guess is that you have to convert the files you want to save to 8 bit in order to save as Jpeg. At the bottom of your ACR screen it tells you what your color space is, bit depth, etc. Click on this and a window will open to allow you to change this info.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2008, 04:02:06 pm by KeithR »
The destination is our goal but it’s the journey we experience

Dinarius

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2008, 03:28:34 am »

Keith,

Thank you very much.

Alas, only half solved the problem, I'm afraid.

I changed the settings from 16 bit to 8 bit (since this was the first time I had ever tried to create Jpegs using ACR - I usually use Image Processor in CS3 - it had been set to 16 bit by default) and then selected 10 images for conversion. Worked fine.

I then tried another 10 and, on the last one, the same error message window reappeared. So, I tried a smaller number of images. Same problem, only this time it appeared on the first image. i.e. no image was converted at all. i.e. the problem had been working its way back in and was fully there on the 15th or 16th image. Very like a cache problem, I thought.

So, I closed and reopened Bridge and purged the cache for that folder. Still no joy.

I can convert any number of tiffs or DNGs without a memory problem. What is going on with Jpegs?

Very annoying.

D.

Update:

I just ran a folder of 134 Canon Mk3 images through Jpeg conversion and it flew through them.

For some reason, ACR doesn't like converting my Hasselblad images. Anyone know why this might be?
« Last Edit: April 03, 2008, 04:20:31 am by Dinarius »
Pages: [1]   Go Up