Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bridge 2.1.1.9:How many selected images?  (Read 1553 times)

walter.sk

Bridge 2.1.1.9:How many selected images?
« on: April 01, 2008, 09:02:17 pm »

Yet another question about the upgrade to Bridge.  I noticed that no matter how many thumbnails I select, the Preview area shows up to 9 and no more.  It seems to me that on earlier versions of Bridge there was no limit as to how many selected thumbnails appeared in the preview area, much smaller, of course, when there were many.

Either my recollection is wrong, or there is something wrong with my Bridge.

Can you select more than 9 thumbnails and have them represented in the Preview area?
« Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 09:02:54 pm by walter.sk »

01af

Bridge 2.1.1.9:How many selected images?
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2008, 11:58:49 am »

Yet another question about the upgrade to Bridge. I noticed that no matter how many thumbnails I select, the Preview area shows up to 9 and no more.[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=186268\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
It's working as designed. More than nine wouldn't make any sense because the previews would become too small. I feel even nine are way too many.

It seems to me that on earlier versions of Bridge there was no limit as to how many selected thumbnails appeared in the preview area, much smaller, of course, when there were many. Either my recollection is wrong ...[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=186268\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Your recollection is wrong indeed. Bridge 1.0 always displayed exactly one image in the preview window, no matter how many were selected. The displayed one always was the first of the selected, according to the current sort order. I remember I always wanted the option to have the last displayed rather than the first; that would have been useful for some tasks. Actually, today I wish it was possible to reduce the maximum number of images displayed in the preview window to four or to one---and to choose whether they're the first or the last ones of the selection. Umm ... maybe I should hop over to the Adobe Bridge forum and file a feature request ...

Can you select more than 9 thumbnails and have them represented in the Preview area?[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=186268\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
No, you cannot.

-- Olaf
Pages: [1]   Go Up