Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lightroom feature I'd like  (Read 3836 times)

John Camp

Lightroom feature I'd like
« on: March 31, 2008, 06:26:59 pm »

I shoot with both DSLRs and rangefinders, but for verticals, I turn them opposite ways. When I look at the thumbnails in the LR library, some are horizontal, some are flipped left, and some are flipped right. This was slowly driving me crazy, and since it's snowing out today, I thought I'd go through and flip them all upright. When you're trying to scan a large number of thumbnails, though, the slider tab is too crude, and it's possible to pull down too many rows at a time.  It would be nice if LR added simple click arrows, like most programs have, at the bottom and top of the slider track, that would allow you to get one new row of thumbnails with each click. (Perhaps there's a way to do this now, that I don't know of - if there is, could somebody tell me?)

JC

JonasYip

« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2008, 07:23:35 pm »

The up/down arrows on the keyboard appear to scroll the thumbnail display one line at a time....

j
-
-  Jonas Yip  http://www.

Richowens

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2008, 07:45:37 pm »

I just use the scroll wheel on my mouse.

Rich

barryfitzgerald

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2008, 10:07:15 pm »

I would just be happy with distortion correction and perspective too.

Those features are badly needed IMO, but LR 2 will probably be the one to do it.

John Camp

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2008, 12:45:39 am »

Never mind. 8-)

(Just went and got my scroll-wheel mouse that I use with my laptop, and it works fine. So do the arrow keys.)

But answer this question -- when you're in library, what do the F7 and F8 keys do -- the answer on my machine is, "nothing."

JC

Richowens

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2008, 01:10:19 am »

John,

On my machine f7 toggles the left panel and f8 toggles the right panel.

Rich

Machine is a PC, if that makes a difference. I don't think it does.

JonasYip

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2008, 02:30:05 am »

John,

On my machine f7 toggles the left panel and f8 toggles the right panel.

Rich

Machine is a PC, if that makes a difference. I don't think it does.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=186008\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

left/right toggle works on my Mac too..
-

John Camp

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2008, 02:02:58 pm »

left/right toggle works on my Mac too..
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=186018\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Here's why I asked -- I'm working systematically through all the Lightroom functions on a brand new Mac Pro. The "chicklet-style" keyboard that came packed with the Mac Pro has apparently assigned music-control functions to the F7-F8 keys, and they do not toggle the panels -- they will jump back to the beginning of a song, or will stop one (those functions are printed right on the keys.) When I went and got my old-style keyboard, which I use with my laptop, it *does* toggle the LR panels. Is there a way to reassign the chicklet style keys to their former function, or are we stuck with iTune controls?  (When you're not listening to music, the F7-F8 still don't work with LR; they appear to do nothing at all.)

JC

JonasYip

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2008, 02:27:23 pm »

Here's why I asked -- I'm working systematically through all the Lightroom functions on a brand new Mac Pro. The "chicklet-style" keyboard that came packed with the Mac Pro has apparently assigned music-control functions to the F7-F8 keys, and they do not toggle the panels -- they will jump back to the beginning of a song, or will stop one (those functions are printed right on the keys.) When I went and got my old-style keyboard, which I use with my laptop, it *does* toggle the LR panels. Is there a way to reassign the chicklet style keys to their former function, or are we stuck with iTune controls?  (When you're not listening to music, the F7-F8 still don't work with LR; they appear to do nothing at all.)

JC
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=186175\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Try either:
(a) Hit the "fn" key in the lower left to get "F1-F12" instead of the volume/brightness/music/etc

(b) System Preferences -> Keyboard -> "Use F1, F2 etc as standard function keys" to make it the default.

I do the latter, so that I have to hit "fn" to do the volume, etc

j

(edited the post because "(b)" kept coming up as an emoticon)
« Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 02:29:47 pm by JonasYip »
-
Pages: [1]   Go Up