Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: X-rite purchase  (Read 4143 times)

Quantum

X-rite purchase
« on: March 31, 2008, 10:18:39 am »

I know X-rite pulse is not supported anymore, so I wonder whether I should go and buy one of these as it is available from a local supplier in the UK. However for not much more I could get a Colorvision print fix pro.

I want to occasionally profile my epson 4800 printer to certain papers - not everyday use.

Does one provide a better profile over another?

Regards

John

Doombrain

X-rite purchase
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2008, 10:35:04 am »

I know X-rite pulse is not supported anymore, so I wonder whether I should go and buy one of these as it is available from a local supplier in the UK. However for not much more I could get a Colorvision print fix pro.

I want to occasionally profile my epson 4800 printer to certain papers - not everyday use.

Regards

John
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=185696\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

again, for a little more you could get the new X-Rite ColorMunki?

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
X-rite purchase
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2008, 11:17:36 am »

Regards

John
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=185696\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Either wait on the ColorMunki or go PULSE but skip Print Fix Pro. The PULSE is a very good instrument but as you say, no longer being sold (it should however be supported). But, if you can hold out till say June-ish, I suspect the ColorMunki will cost you less and it has more functionality than the PULSE.
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

Quantum

X-rite purchase
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2008, 01:22:09 pm »

Many thanks..
Colour monkey seems to be available here in UK now. What more functionality do you think?
John

keith_cooper

• Northlight Images
X-rite purchase
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2008, 08:51:53 am »

Nothing wrong with the profiles from the PFP - I know some people have a 'bit of a thing' with Datacolor ;-)

I've always found the PFP profiles I built perfectly acceptable, and if you only make occasional profiles then the measurement process is pretty easy (YMMV here, I know some people find it difficult, but I've never found it taxed my manual dexterity too much)

Of course the ColorMunki may meet your needs, or if you wanted to tinker/adjust profiles, then its limitations might be too much.  If you can wait, then see what people have to say about it when it ships, if not then see what functionality of what you've got available now matches up with what you want.
bye for now -- Keith
[url=http://www.nor

Quantum

X-rite purchase
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2008, 06:40:06 pm »

Got a 2nd hand Pulse and am very happy with it. Thanks for your help.

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
X-rite purchase
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2008, 10:34:03 pm »

Got a 2nd hand Pulse and am very happy with it. Thanks for your help.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=198167\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

All of the above are ok, AFAIK. The software of the Printfix might be the most flexible, as much s I hate to say that. The Pulse is a quick way to get the profile quality of Monaco Profiler, and the Color Munki is probably the best hardware.

Edmund
« Last Edit: May 26, 2008, 10:35:07 pm by eronald »
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

Scott Martin

• Onsight
X-rite purchase
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2008, 09:37:56 am »

Something to look into if you haven't already would be making custom Pulse targets and measuring then in ColorPort (CP). This should give you excellent flexibility no matter which application you eventually wish to take your measurements into. Even if using Monaco Profiler, CP gives you additional target flexibility and allows you to measure subsequent targets while simultaneously generating profiles in MP from previous measurements.
Scott Martin
www.on-sight.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up