Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson 4800 scratching Harman gloss FB paper  (Read 2271 times)

larkis

• My photography blog
Epson 4800 scratching Harman gloss FB paper
« on: March 29, 2008, 06:29:53 am »

I picked up a box of 8.5x11 gloss harman byrata paper to try with my 4800 before i purchase a bigger roll. I load them into the paper tray and after doing about 6 prints, 3 of them got ruined by something scratching the ink surface. Some pages seem to be fine (nut sure if this is luck or not).

I have tried the matte version of this paper on my 9800 which has matte black loaded and no scratching occurs on that paper.

Any tips as to what might be happening ?

Zeitz

« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2008, 08:12:42 am »

I picked up a box of 8.5x11 gloss harman byrata paper to try with my 4800 before i purchase a bigger roll. I load them into the paper tray and after doing about 6 prints, 3 of them got ruined by something scratching the ink surface. Some pages seem to be fine (nut sure if this is luck or not).

I have tried the matte version of this paper on my 9800 which has matte black loaded and no scratching occurs on that paper.

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=185165\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

The Harmon paper is not flat, but dished.  I had to turn up the vacuum strength on my Canon 5100 to prevent head strikes.

picnic

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2008, 09:14:48 am »

I have a 3800 but have used this paper without problem.  You didn't mention increasing the platen gap width.  This would be one thing to try--standard to wide for instance.  

Diane
« Last Edit: March 29, 2008, 09:18:34 am by picnic »

KeithR

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2008, 09:44:56 am »

Since this is a thicker paper, I would suggest feeding one sheet at a time rather than putting it in a tray. I would think that there would be many areas in a tray to print stage that would be susceptible to scratching.
The destination is our goal but it’s the journey we experience
Pages: [1]   Go Up