Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Installing Latest DPP on Mac OS?  (Read 9753 times)

lightstand

Installing Latest DPP on Mac OS?
« on: March 29, 2008, 01:43:43 am »

Wondering about installing the latest DPP 3.3 on Mac OS 10.5.2 (Intel Processor), I am also wondering about installing it on a G-4 12" Powerbook running 10.3.9? Are there any reported problems with the latest version of DPP with either of these two versions of Mac OS? Thanks Jeff

lightstand

« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2008, 07:31:36 pm »

Wondering about installing the latest DPP 3.3 on Mac OS 10.5.2 (Intel Processor), I am also wondering about installing it on a G-4 12" Powerbook running 10.3.9? Are there any reported problems with the latest version of DPP with either of these two versions of Mac OS? Thanks Jeff
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=185145\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

lightstand

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2008, 07:34:25 pm »

Anyone? I really don't want to update if there are people experiencing problems. Is everyone happy with 3.3? thanks jeff
« Last Edit: March 29, 2008, 07:34:46 pm by lightstand »

francois

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2008, 11:22:37 am »

Anyone? I really don't want to update if there are people experiencing problems. Is everyone happy with 3.3? thanks jeff
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=185296\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I only tried version 3.2.x and it stalled. There's some discussion threads here on the forum. I'll be trying next version this coming week and I'll report.

Installing DPP never caused any problems on my Macs (G5 and Intel), but I haven't been able to use DPP with Leopard. Please, note that Jerry Rock (member of this forum) says DPP 3.2.x runs fine on his Mac Pro (10.5.2).
Francois

lightstand

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2008, 05:07:51 pm »

Quote from: francois,Mar 30 2008, 03:22 PM
I only tried version 3.2.x and it stalled. There's some discussion threads here on the forum. I'll be trying next version this coming week and I'll report."

Thanks Francois, For some reason every-time I searched for DPP I got an error message. After manually just going back a couple of days I found them. I guess I really don't care about installing it on 10.5.2 that's my Tower. I'm sketched about updating over the DPP on my laptop (G-4, not an Intel) 10.3.9 as I need DPP to work for tethering.

thanks again,  jeff

francois

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2008, 02:40:42 am »

I only tried version 3.2.x and it stalled. There's some discussion threads here on the forum. I'll be trying next version this coming week and I'll report."
Thanks Francois, For some reason every-time I searched for DPP I got an error message. After manually just going back a couple of days I found them. I guess I really don't care about installing it on 10.5.2 that's my Tower. I'm sketched about updating over the DPP on my laptop (G-4, not an Intel) 10.3.9 as I need DPP to work for tethering.

thanks again,  jeff
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Jeff,
The discussions are [a href=\"http://luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=23935&hl=3\.2\]here[/url]. and here.. Your search returned an error because the search engine needs four (4) characters or more...
« Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 02:41:06 am by francois »
Francois

francois

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2008, 03:07:46 am »

Jeff,
I just received new DPP CDs from Canon and the version is still 3.2.0.6... I reinstalled the software on my Macs and it doesn't work (as discussed on other threads).

Where did you get version 3.3? On Canon's website, DPP 3.2 is listed as Mac OS X 10.3 & 10.4 only.
Francois

lightstand

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2008, 12:49:36 pm »

Where did you get version 3.3? On Canon's website, DPP 3.2 is listed as Mac OS X 10.3 & 10.4 only.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=186659\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

It's the text on the CD I got with the 1dsM3, I haven't taken the time to even put the CD in the computer yet, so maybe it's a mis-print.

rhetorical question: doesn't it seem like a visit to the dentist is less painful than installing software upgrades these days?

thanks for your update- I will try and install it this wk-end to see if I can completely screw up my laptop.

jeff

francois

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2008, 02:14:32 pm »

It's the text on the CD I got with the 1dsM3, I haven't taken the time to even put the CD in the computer yet, so maybe it's a mis-print.
I didn't read the text but I put the CD that came with a 1DsM3 and it was version 3.2.0.6. By the way the 1DsM3 was delivered with firmware 1.0.6 (the latest).

rhetorical question: doesn't it seem like a visit to the dentist is less painful than installing software upgrades these days?

thanks for your update- I will try and install it this wk-end to see if I can completely screw up my laptop.
I fully agree with you. At least, dentists are supposed to improve your life (pain and hefty bills are the normal trade-offs).

I don't thing that you're risking too much by installing DPP on your Mac...

Anyway, let me know how it went and if you really got version 3.3.
Good luck!
« Last Edit: April 03, 2008, 02:15:19 pm by francois »
Francois

knweiss

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2008, 02:13:55 pm »

Anyway, let me know how it went and if you really got version 3.3.
FWIW here's at least the link to the DPP 3.3 manual.

On page 4 it says 'Mac OS X 10.3 to 10.4'!  

francois

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2008, 05:36:24 am »

FWIW here's at least the link to the DPP 3.3 manual.

On page 4 it says 'Mac OS X 10.3 to 10.4'! 
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=187061\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
What a pain… Leopard has been released almost 6 months ago!
Francois

lightstand

« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2008, 09:46:20 pm »

It is version 3.3 but I only installed in on 10.3 (the laptop) and so far it works.  I can't convince myself to test installing it on 10.5. Right now I only need it to work on a laptop to shoot tethered.

The good news is it's preventing myself from buying a new laptop the bad side is if this laptop goes down & I need to grab a new one I'm going to have to get C1 to shoot tethered or go back an OS?

francois

« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2008, 03:45:12 am »

…The good news is it's preventing myself from buying a new laptop the bad side is if this laptop goes down & I need to grab a new one I'm going to have to get C1 to shoot tethered or go back an OS?
Downgrading is usually impossible (ie puting an "old" OS on a brand new Mac)  

Canon will eventually get its act together and provide a Leopard compatible version of its software.

But all is not lost as Karsten Weiss posted a hack to get DPP running with Leopard. See this discussion. It involves editing a couple of lines in the terminal.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2008, 03:45:40 am by francois »
Francois
Pages: [1]   Go Up