Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mirror images of cars  (Read 2304 times)

David J

Mirror images of cars
« on: March 28, 2008, 01:30:18 pm »

I need to process shoot a car 45 degree angle with rflection on the floor everything else is dropped out so it looks like its sittting in water or laquer. Two images then what? Needs to look three d

sniper

Mirror images of cars
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2008, 04:57:58 pm »

Can you post a pic so we can see exactly what your talking about?, it shouldn't be difficult with a duplicate layer to transform it (free transform) then lower the opacity and make the reflection.    Wayne

David J

Mirror images of cars
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2008, 06:17:51 pm »

http://www.edmunds.com/media/reviews/top10...ford.gt.500.jpg

THis is what I'm looking for. BUt I'll be doing more cars faster turn around time

sniper

Mirror images of cars
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2008, 07:19:23 am »

For that I'd use what I suggested above (probably similar to what you already used) it shouldn't take that long.
Some pros will shoot in a reflecting pool, but it's not always practical (we cant use it in our studios for example) so we have to "fake" it.  Wayne

haefnerphoto

• http://www.jameshaefner.com
Mirror images of cars
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2008, 09:47:50 am »

I've tried plexiglass with a sub floor, reflective vinyl, epoxy paint and reflecting ponds.  So far the only true reflection I've gotten is a pond, which is very time consuming.  The example could have been CGI, a model on plexiglas (as seen in the Recent Works thread) or a pond.  Another thing to try is flopping the image and massaging the tires to meet in post.  On low angles it works well enough.  Actually, the higher the camera is, the better the various surfaces work distortion wise, I think you can pretty much count on spending $6,000.00 and up to accomplish the task.  Jim
Pages: [1]   Go Up