Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canon 6D  (Read 33036 times)

Tim Kennedy

Canon 6D
« on: March 27, 2008, 10:45:35 pm »

DOes anyone know about a prediction I just heard that Canon is about to come out with a 6D for around $1800.00

Josh-H

• Wild Nature Photo Travel
Canon 6D
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2008, 11:05:19 pm »

DOes anyone know about a prediction I just heard that Canon is about to come out with a 6D for around $1800.00
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=184836\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Ughhh....

See www.dpreview.com for ALL the 5D MKII, 6D, 7D, 54684D+   rumours you could ever want.

Insert large grains of salt with all of them....

This rumour stuff is infectious at best, and generally just very annoying. It gets int  the way of making good images  and if more people went out and took pictures than worrying about wether a new model was coming [a new model is ALWAYS coming BTW] then there would be a lot more good photographers and a lot less gear heads.

[Rant Over]   Returning to our regular programming...

[Edit - sorry dont mean to dish out on you to much in your first post - but there has been pleasntly very little rumour mongering here - a very refreshing alternative from the majority of other forums].
« Last Edit: March 27, 2008, 11:13:44 pm by Josh-H »
Wild Nature Photo Travel

Jonathan Wienke

• http://visual-vacations.com/
Canon 6D
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2008, 11:19:42 pm »

Anyone who actually knows what they're talking about isn't going to say anything because they've signed a non-disclosure agreement. Anyone who is willing to talk is by definition blowing smoke out of their ass. In either case, speculating and encouraging speculation is a wast of everyone's time and bandwidth. Go to DPReview if you want to waste everyone's time mind-masturbating over what the next models' feature set might be or when it might hit the market. There's plenty of that sort of thing there and 99.9% of it is BS.

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
Canon 6D
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2008, 01:30:12 am »

Oh, and BTW, welcome to the list!

Mike.
If your mind is attuned t

Mike W

Canon 6D
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2008, 05:16:28 am »

1.800 us? Come on...that's a dead give-away. No way a new 5D model will cost less or as much as the current 5D.

Just wait patiently, it's a photokina year, right?

regards,

Mike

DiaAzul

• http://photo.tanzo.org/
Canon 6D
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2008, 06:51:45 am »

[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Rather than start a thread it is probably easier to just follow the thread on the following website. It tracks the latests rumours - these are not truths - and is one of the most compact readable opinion free sources available.

[a href=\"http://www.northlight-images.co.uk/rumours.html]Canon and Epson Rumours[/url]
David Plummer    http://photo.tanzo.org/

reillynevada

Canon 6D
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2008, 11:45:54 am »

Rather than start a thread it is probably easier to just follow the thread on the following website. It tracks the latests rumours - these are not truths - and is one of the most compact readable opinion free sources available.

Canon and Epson Rumours
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=184915\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I did talk to a Canon rep about a 5D replacement at PMA (I did not ask about a 6D).  He was close to the vest, obviously, but he did say this verbatim:

"We are always working on improving our product.  This is what I can tell you.  Canon generally updates its bodies every three years.  The 5D will be three years old later this year."

Nudge nudge, wink wink.  Actually, I gave up reading tea leaves years ago.  What he said could mean anything.  Also, product roll outs get delayed all the time.  They might be aiming for a rollout later this year, but it could always get pushed back if the product is not ready.  

I am waiting, rather patiently, but everything (including this) should be taken with a grain of salt.

BJL

Canon 6D
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2008, 12:24:10 pm »

I did talk to a Canon rep about a 5D replacement at PMA ... he did say this verbatim:

"... The 5D will be three years old later this year."
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=185206\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Indeed: three years is about the maximum age for almost any DSLR, especially from Canon. (Even the Olympus E-1 only stayed on the market for about three years, but then with a wait for its replacement.)

So I confidently predict that the 5D will be discontinued within three years of its release, meaning by sometime this summer, and so almost certainly a replacement model will be announced by this summer (unless Canon has given up on that product category entirely!)

Beyond that, at this stage any specific claims about spec's, price and even model name is probably hot air.

Ken R

Canon 6D
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2008, 06:03:30 pm »

Naturally the 5D wont be available forever!

So one can expect a replacement by x mas 2008 at the latest (introduced during photokina 2008).

Also, expect slight increase in megapixels, speed, lcd (+live view) and other features.

Expect price around $3500

Canon has been VERY predictable as of late in regards to new dslr introductions...

1ds mark 3, no surprise there
1d mark 3, ditto (rather dissapointing, i expected at least 12mp)
40d, ditto (long overdue)

The 5D when introduced was acutally a surprise, ahead of its time. Its still quite good today, hasnt gotten bad with age hehe

Colorado David

Canon 6D
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2008, 07:50:40 pm »

Anyone who is willing to talk is by definition blowing smoke out of their ass.[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=184842\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I hope they're buying carbon credits to offset the smoke out their ass.

Quentin

• Quentin on Facebook
Canon 6D
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2008, 05:51:20 am »

The old Rob Galbraith list had a rule the prohibited speculation about non-existent products.  Fun though that can sometime be, maybe that would be worth considering here to prevent this forum turning in to another wretched Dpreview.

Quentin
Quentin Bargate, ARPS, Author, Arbitrato

Mike W

Canon 6D
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2008, 07:04:17 am »

The old Rob Galbraith list had a rule the prohibited speculation about non-existent products.  Fun though that can sometime be, maybe that would be worth considering here to prevent this forum turning in to another wretched Dpreview.

Quentin
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=185355\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Seconded.
Think before starting another rumor thread.
Or at the very least, google! :-)

keith_cooper

• Northlight Images
Canon 6D
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2008, 09:43:07 am »

Canon and Epson Rumours
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=184915\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks very much for the comment! and I'm so glad that -this- forum is distinctly not DPReview

I know that while some people find the rumours stuff very irritating...  I also get a lot of mail from people who take the rumour pages I put together as a bit of light hearted diversion (I certainly do :-)

Some time ago I was sent some detailed info, and I was discussing with the source just what was meant just for me and what I could publish - we came up with this list of responses to the first post that mentioned it on DPR

#1 Have you seen this?
#2 What do they know
#3 Useful speculation
#4 Could you elaborate on xxx
#5 Jeez, cant you people just get out more
#6 You don't have to read it
#7 Those that really know can't say
#8 50D AF issues
#9 Is that all?
#10 I'm switching to Nikon
#11 Nikon will already have better cameras so why wait
#12 The new camera will back-focus
#13 I'm keeping my D60, and 1D till they sort this out

Anyway back to more serious stuff, like rearranging my printer/server room to have a 9600 and 7880 in it :-)

bye for now

Keith
bye for now -- Keith
[url=http://www.nor

fike

• Hiker Photographer
    • trailpixie.net
Canon 6D
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2008, 10:05:47 am »

Seconded.
Think before starting another rumor thread.
Or at the very least, google! :-)
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=185364\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

This would be a great rule.  Please, Please don't let this become DPreview2.0 or we will need to move on to another place to develop a critical and thoughtful community.
Fike, Trailpixie, or Marc Shaffer

DonWeston

Canon 6D
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2008, 09:23:00 am »

OR everyone could just ignore these threads  and let them die a quick death.....

OOHHH  too late now I am guilty too....... :-)
Pages: [1]   Go Up