Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson 3800 + Epson Media :: After Print Questions  (Read 1760 times)

stevietheb

Epson 3800 + Epson Media :: After Print Questions
« on: March 26, 2008, 07:32:06 pm »

I own an Epson 3800, and have been printing on it for a while. I typically print on Epson Exhibition Fiber, Epson Velvet Fine Art, Epson Premium Luster, or Epson Ultra Premium Presentation Paper Matte.

[a] With any of these printer/paper configurations should I be spraying prints afterwards? If so, which product(s) do you suggest and why?

What do you suggest for dry times? What is the best way to let prints dry (just sitting out on a table...covered by something...etc.)?

[c] For final presentation, I typically mount smaller prints (e.g., 5x7s) on an 8x10 piece of really nice water color paper (e.g., Arches or Winsor & Newton 140lb...whatever is on sale at the time). These papers are 100% cotton, and they are acid free. I then stack these mounts in an archival box. Should I be concerned about the printed side of these images touching these sheets of cotton rag? If so, what might you suggest I put in between them?

Thanks so much!!!

Doombrain

« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2008, 09:45:24 am »

I own an Epson 3800, and have been printing on it for a while. I typically print on Epson Exhibition Fiber, Epson Velvet Fine Art, Epson Premium Luster, or Epson Ultra Premium Presentation Paper Matte.

[a] With any of these printer/paper configurations should I be spraying prints afterwards? If so, which product(s) do you suggest and why?

What do you suggest for dry times? What is the best way to let prints dry (just sitting out on a table...covered by something...etc.)?

[c] For final presentation, I typically mount smaller prints (e.g., 5x7s) on an 8x10 piece of really nice water color paper (e.g., Arches or Winsor & Newton 140lb...whatever is on sale at the time). These papers are 100% cotton, and they are acid free. I then stack these mounts in an archival box. Should I be concerned about the printed side of these images touching these sheets of cotton rag? If so, what might you suggest I put in between them?

Thanks so much!!!
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

A, this really depends on where you're showing the prints. If it's in bright daylight for extended amounts of time it might be worth protecting
Indoor, behind glass display i wouldn't worry about it.

I can only recommend one spray because it's the only one i know of. Premium Art Print Shield.

B, On the K3 ink the time to dE <0.6 is about 25 - 30 mins depending on the media but to completely 'gas out' you need to leave them 24 hours. placing a sheet of acid feed paper in between the jobs will help speed up the process because it will absorb the gases.

C, again, i wouldn't worry about contact with acid free medias.

See here for more info

[a href=\"http://www.wilhelm-research.com/epson/3800.html]http://www.wilhelm-research.com/epson/3800.html[/url]

stevietheb

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2008, 04:41:49 pm »

Thanks for the info, doombrain!
Pages: [1]   Go Up