Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mamiya AFDII & RZIID -P30 Help Please..:+}  (Read 4165 times)

Snook

Mamiya AFDII & RZIID -P30 Help Please..:+}
« on: March 25, 2008, 11:16:13 am »

Hey guys just have had some question I have been wanting to ask after shooting with a P30 and Mamiya AFDII for about 2 months now
First of all does anybody know if there is a way the camera will beep when in Focus.
It is a pain to keep having to look and see if the light is solid in the viewfinder!!
Also is it me or is the 1.2 Frames not at all real?
I shoot and then try and shoot again and there is a LONG lag until I can fire again?
Quite annoying when working with people b/c I am always saying 1,2,3 and suppoes to fire on 3 but it does not..
Maybe this is normal but it is annoying!

Now to the RZII questions...
Supposedly you shoot the RZ with the dial in the middle of M and R but I can only fire when the camera is in the M position. Is this normal with a P30 back?
Also the RZII MANY times seems to just not respond and yes I have fresh batteries etc...? It just seems to stop and won't fire.
I usually have to fiddle with dials and most of the time when I move the Back a little with the Button in the R position it eventually responds but AGAIN is VERY annoying during a sessions!!.

I cannot see how soo many people ring in here saying they shoot with the RZ. It is a pain in the Butt to focus, if you are even slightly OOF the pictures are WAY OOF and not usable.

Does anybody have any suggestion for this also.
By the way I have a Bill Maxell Screen (matte) I think.
Maybe switching to some kind of Split screen would help?
I would appreciate any suggestion from some of the longer time Back users as I am A professional for 20 years but only recently got back to using MF with a digital back.

Thanks for any suggestions
Snook

PS. Does anybody know where to get an online manual for the AFDII?
« Last Edit: March 25, 2008, 11:20:48 am by Snook »

Richowens

« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2008, 11:38:47 am »

Snook,

Here is a link for the AFDll manual.

AFDll manual download

It is a pdf you can print out.

HTH

Rich

clawery

• http://www.captureintegration.com  / www.chrislawery.com
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2008, 11:55:54 am »

Hey guys just have had some question I have been wanting to ask after shooting with a P30 and Mamiya AFDII for about 2 months now
First of all does anybody know if there is a way the camera will beep when in Focus.
It is a pain to keep having to look and see if the light is solid in the viewfinder!!
I shoot and then try and shoot again and there is a LONG lag until I can fire again?
Quite annoying when working with people b/c I am always saying 1,2,3 and suppoes to fire on 3 but it does not..
Maybe this is normal but it is annoying!

Now to the RZII questions...
Supposedly you shoot the RZ with the dial in the middle of M and R but I can only fire when the camera is in the M position. Is this normal with a P30 back?
Also the RZII MANY times seems to just not respond and yes I have fresh batteries etc...? It just seems to stop and won't fire.
I usually have to fiddle with dials and most of the time when I move the Back a little with the Button in the R position it eventually responds but AGAIN is VERY annoying during a sessions!!.

I cannot see how soo many people ring in here saying they shoot with the RZ. It is a pain in the Butt to focus, if you are even slightly OOF the pictures are WAY OOF and not usable.

Does anybody have any suggestion for this also.
By the way I have a Bill Maxell Screen (matte) I think.
Maybe switching to some kind of Split screen would help?
I would appreciate any suggestion from some of the longer time Back users as I am A professional for 20 years but only recently got back to using MF with a digital back.

Thanks for any suggestions
Snook

PS. Does anybody know where to get an online manual for the AFDII?
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Snook,

There is a little bit of a lag between depressing the button on the Mamiya 645 AFDII and when it will fire.  I've never had a "focus ready" beep on any of the 645s I've shot with.

I looked for a manual for your 645 AFDII, but can't find a PDF yet.  I'll keep hunting.

I own/ shoot with a Mamiya RZ67 Pro II and I always have to set it to M when I shoot with a Phase One back.  I sometimes get errors, but it's usually my PC to PC cable that is a little loose.
I would also make sure you "lock" the trigger button when shut down for the day.  If you don't it can depress slightly and drain your battery.

When I need critical focus on my RZ I pull my waist level finder off and place my loupe on the ground glass to focus.  It's one of the bonuses of having a big are to play with.

Chris Lawery
Sales Manager
chris@captureintegration.com

[a href=\"http://www.captureintegration.com]Capture Integration, Phase One Dealer of the Year[/url]

877-217-9870 | National
404-234-5195 | Cell  

godtfred

• http://
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2008, 12:16:56 pm »

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=184144\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I have a P45+, and I can set short or long "latency" on it (I think its called this...)

My H2 was shooting slooooow, until i changed this setting, now it is fine. Maybe it's the same on the Mamiya P30 setup?
Axel Bauer
godtfred.com H2|M679CS|P45+

Snook

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2008, 03:25:26 pm »

I have a P45+, and I can set short or long "latency" on it (I think its called this...)

My H2 was shooting slooooow, until i changed this setting, now it is fine. Maybe it's the same on the Mamiya P30 setup?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=184157\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thanks guys for the information..
Are you using a regular Loupe? Like in the film days?
Also would anybody suggest a split prism screen for the RZII Pro D?
If you do find the Manual for the AFDII I would appreciate it..:+}
Thanks to both of you for the info.. I am wondering if there is some kind of latency on the Mamiya AFDII?
It is AWFULLY latent if so.:+}
Thanks and I would appreciate any further help if anybody has any to offer..:+}
Thnaks again you guys are more than helpful all the itme.
Snook
www.ericknorpp.com

AndreNapier

• Andre Napier Photography
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2008, 04:34:02 pm »

Snook,
Are you using prism finder or WLF?
I can't and never could focus on Rz on prism but on WLF there is hardly any way too be off focus.
Please check if your back is in focus with your Rz to start with. Remember that Rz screen are adjustible and should be align with new back. For critical focus check you will need split screen. Focus your 110mm lens on minimum focusing distance and shoot  fix magazine page wide open on very steady tripod with focus on one selected letter. Angle the page a bit to help with DOF.
I personally do not recommend any bright screens. Had way too many problems with them.
Yes you get brighter but also drastically increase grain by these circles. Remember in my test some custom brightscreen were off on focus as much as 9' on 30' distance.
Generally Rz is so bright that you do not need any extra brightness. Diagonal split from Mamiya has my vote.
M is the only position you can shoot since in fact you are doing multiple exposures since you are not advancing the film.
I had some instances with my P25 acting with Rz, but since I switched to A75s there is no hick-ups at all.
http://AndreNapier.com
« Last Edit: March 25, 2008, 04:34:35 pm by AndreNapier »

clawery

• http://www.captureintegration.com  / www.chrislawery.com
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2008, 04:54:32 pm »

Thanks guys for the information..
Are you using a regular Loupe? Like in the film days?
Also would anybody suggest a split prism screen for the RZII Pro D?
If you do find the Manual for the AFDII I would appreciate it..:+}
Thanks to both of you for the info.. I am wondering if there is some kind of latency on the Mamiya AFDII?
It is AWFULLY latent if so.:+}
Thanks and I would appreciate any further help if anybody has any to offer..:+}
Thnaks again you guys are more than helpful all the itme.
Snook
www.ericknorpp.com
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Snook,

It was a full sized loupe from the old film days.  Even with the WLF on, I can drop it in and focus
on my image.

Are you currently using fast CF cards?  If not, you may see an increase in capture speed.  I might also try to use IIQs file size.

If you would like to talk with our tech guy you can call Tim Palmer here at Capture Integration.
Our numbers will be listed below in my signature.

Chris Lawery
Sales Manager
chris@captureintegration.com
[a href=\"http://www.captureintegration.com]Capture Integration, Phase One Dealer of the Year[/url]

877-217-9870 | National
404-234-5195 | Cell  

jonstewart

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2008, 05:14:04 pm »

AFD2 Manual

Why not try the Mamiya site...?? Like here http://www.mamiya.com/customer-service-ins...nloads-645.html

Mind you, Rich got to it first! I guess you missed that.

Jon
« Last Edit: March 25, 2008, 05:15:31 pm by jonstewart »
Jon Stewart
 If only life were so simple.

Snook

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2008, 06:21:51 pm »

AFD2 Manual

Why not try the Mamiya site...?? Like here http://www.mamiya.com/customer-service-ins...nloads-645.html

Mind you, Rich got to it first! I guess you missed that.

Jon
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=184243\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
You guys are amazing..
I appreciate all the great information and will check on that focus issue.
The angle split screen sounds interesting. I have never seen it listed anywhere.
I have seen many screens on e-bay for cheap. The Mamiya ones.
Are they fine? or is there a better brand for screens. I know about Bill Maxell (sp) as that is what I have.
Yes I am using the the WLF as it was a little better to focus. But I can tell you that during a day of shooting I have a headache from eye straining on every shot.
Have the assistant computer tech advising me which are in focus and which are not.
The space of out of focus and not is a hair of a twist on the focus knob.
I also have pretty darn good site so I do not think it is my eyes..:+} But you never know.
Cris thanks for the phone offer but I am in South America and would want to bother for such a thing.. But Thanks a lot.
I guess I'll have to wait and see how the Phase/Mamiya camera will work out.
Thanks again
Snook

Sorry I forgot to say Thanks for the AFDII manual Link..
Thanks
« Last Edit: March 25, 2008, 06:23:19 pm by Snook »
Pages: [1]   Go Up