Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: hp z3100ps APS  (Read 1907 times)

leftybowler

hp z3100ps APS
« on: March 24, 2008, 10:19:12 pm »

I am a novice and need help. I am looking to buy the hp z3100. What does the ps do? and what does the APS do? Can they both be purchased later?

stevenh

hp z3100ps APS
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2008, 10:39:39 pm »

I am a novice and need help. I am looking to buy the hp z3100. What does the ps do? and what does the APS do? Can they both be purchased later?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=184028\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

APS can be purchased later. it is a more rigorous profiling option which consists of software which takes further advantage of the on board spectrophotometer. it also includes a monitor spectrophotometer to create profiles for your monitors.

it is an eye-one unit adapted for hp.

if you do a search in this forum for it (APS) you will find a number of opinions as to whether it is worth it or not.  i personally use it and find it worthwhile for my work mostly for the expanded paper profiling. i already had a older monaco sensor for my monitors but i use the aps unit now.

don't know if the PS option can be purchased later. i personally don't have it. but i cannot speak to its value in my line of work.

rdonson

hp z3100ps APS
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2008, 06:56:33 am »

You can find some information on APS on the Z3100 wiki here.

You can see the base target and the APS 918 target on the Z3100 wiki here.

I'm not that familiar with the ps option.  Hopefully others will respond with details about that.
Regards,
Ron

neil snape

• http://www.neilsnape.com
hp z3100ps APS
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2008, 08:04:06 am »

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=184028\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
APS is the software package with a hardware monitor calibrator to take the onboard spectro many steps further. It profiles both rgb and CMYK, on site profiles or externally printed charts for other printers all along using a fully automated chart reading in the Z printer.
The quality of the profiles I found on all but matte media were substantially better than the built in profiles.
You can buy it after the fact, yet often it's cheaper to buy the Z PS option which includes both APS and an embedded Adobe PS rip.

Look on my site for more details in my Z review.
Pages: [1]   Go Up