Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: z3100 won't profile  (Read 1627 times)

Charles Gast

z3100 won't profile
« on: March 22, 2008, 12:51:55 pm »

My z3100's latest malfunction is that now when it prints a profile it gets the entire sheet printed then spits it out and says "paper type / LED error" on the printer window and it tells me at the hp color center that the profile has failed please try again.  It happens as it is reading (profiling) the test chart.
It is also back to not printing entire sheets even though the test chart went fine in the printing phase.
I never even considered an extended warranty with the Epson 4800 I had but this thing is repeatedly malfuntioning.  HP gets my reward for unreliability.

Charles Gast

z3100 won't profile
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2008, 01:17:04 pm »

It won't read profile targets unless the Check Skew is turned on. It also is having a hard time measuring paper length with sheets. I will have to get HP on the phone tomorrow to send a service tech

Another thing I learned while troubleshooting is that in the front panel menu I can turn off that loud annoying beep!  I had never really looked to do that before since HP tech support told me it was not possible.  Typical, unfortunately.
Pages: [1]   Go Up