Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Which blend mode is closest to glass layers?  (Read 2203 times)

spherop

Which blend mode is closest to glass layers?
« on: March 20, 2008, 07:21:53 pm »

I have a project where i am going to be printing images on panes of glass. The glass panes will be placed 1 in front of the next in a box ~ half inch apart.

In preparing the artwork in Photoshop, I am curious about what would be the most accurate way to simulate what the end result will look like.

So I am working with layers in PS and want to see something close to my final prints on the multiple panes of glass.

What blend mode would be the most accurate representation of multiple layers of glass?

Hope this makes sense...and looking forward to any thoughts...
photoworks.......@
www.danielnewman.info

neil

« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2008, 08:09:13 pm »

My guess would be overlay or multiply.  Will you be printing only black onto the glass or a white or colored pigment also?  If it's a traditional glass negative, multiply or darken would be the mode.

Depends on where you lightsource is on the glass too I suppose.

spherop

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2008, 08:13:10 pm »

My guess would be overlay or multiply.  Will you be printing only black onto the glass or a white or colored pigment also?  If it's a traditional glass negative, multiply or darken would be the mode.

Depends on where you lightsource is on the glass too I suppose.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=183094\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I will be printing full range images... using a traditional inkjet ... so i would assume that white would end up transparent.

Multiply/Darken makes sense... so I suppose varying the opacity of each layer would be necessary to keep from building up too much darkness.

I do a lot of layering in my work in PS in general, and want to experiement with using glass panes, in box ...not sure if there will be any special lighting other than what comes from the front in. Probably the backmost image will be on regular paper, alum, or wood or something solid.
photoworks.......@
www.danielnewman.info
Pages: [1]   Go Up