Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: WTB Phase One P45  (Read 2579 times)

Esben

• captureforce.com
WTB Phase One P45
« on: March 19, 2008, 10:56:36 pm »

I'm in the market for a P45 in either Mamiya or Hasselblad H mount.
Price-range $10-11K

Best,
Esben
« Last Edit: March 19, 2008, 10:57:04 pm by Esben »
Digital Tech NYC // LA
Captureforce

Boris_Epix

WTB Phase One P45
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2008, 07:53:05 am »

I'm in the market for a P45 in either Mamiya or Hasselblad H mount.
Price-range $10-11K

Best,
Esben
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=182860\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

For that price I would take 3.

Honestly.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2008, 07:53:28 am by Boris_Epix »

Gully68

WTB Phase One P45
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2008, 02:36:50 pm »

For that price I would take 3.

Honestly.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=182926\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Boris -  I think we're all aware of typical pricing; presumably those posting "WTB's" have also looked at demo deals, etc.  (I'm one of them.)  

The issue for us is, unlike you, we COULDN'T "take 3" - no matter how good a deal it is.  

Speaking for myself, if I had $30K I wouldn't be asking... I'd buy just like everyone else - or more likely, buy a demo back from a retailer.  But some of us just don't have that kind of money, which forces us to try to politely ask if anyone might - for whatever reason- be looking to sell a back for less.  As the poster of the recently sold P45 back (for $10K) said - they had a reason for selling cheap.

I'm not trying to start a debate - rather, just encouraging people to be understanding of others' situations, so long as those others are polite and do not become invasive.

~Gully

Boris_Epix

WTB Phase One P45
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2008, 05:08:14 pm »

I wasn't trying to start a debate either. I just stated that I would seriously take 3 for that  price (10-11k) while at over 50k$ for 3x P45 it's a bit difficult to justify for 3 year old technology that may or may not suffer from color casts and centerfold issues.

Anyway, it's great if you don't have to take off the digiback if you switch between camera.

And also when working in two markets it saves you a lot of trouble with travelling if you can leave the backs/cameras/lights at each site to travel light. The Pelican case for the Mamiya RZ alone is so annoyingly large I could do without it when travelling.

Cheers
Boris

Boris -  I think we're all aware of typical pricing; presumably those posting "WTB's" have also looked at demo deals, etc.  (I'm one of them.) 

The issue for us is, unlike you, we COULDN'T "take 3" - no matter how good a deal it is. 

Speaking for myself, if I had $30K I wouldn't be asking... I'd buy just like everyone else - or more likely, buy a demo back from a retailer.  But some of us just don't have that kind of money, which forces us to try to politely ask if anyone might - for whatever reason- be looking to sell a back for less.  As the poster of the recently sold P45 back (for $10K) said - they had a reason for selling cheap.

I'm not trying to start a debate - rather, just encouraging people to be understanding of others' situations, so long as those others are polite and do not become invasive.

~Gully
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=183029\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

jlat70

WTB Phase One P45
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2008, 12:19:23 am »

I have a leaf Aptus 65 in a mamiya mount and a full mamiya kit that I am selling.  Afd body, 80mm, 55-110, 105-210, 35mm.  The back is in great shape.  I have 1999 shots on it. I also have about 1.5 yrs of warranty left.  If you are only intrested in a back I can split it up.  If this is of interest let me know.

John Latimer
john@ejarts.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up