Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ImagePrint 7 & StudioPrint 12  (Read 2764 times)

silverhalide

• http://www.stardustgrafik@mac.com
ImagePrint 7 & StudioPrint 12
« on: March 18, 2008, 06:29:01 pm »

Is anyone running both rips off a single PC? Talked to ColorByte & was told they had not heard of any problems. So, is anyone actually doing it using a PC & XP OS? I realize it sounds a bit crazed given ImagePrints excellent B&W profile driven, tweakable profile capacity. I admit to the romantic lure of using seven values of carbon black ink with a photospectrometer & bringing it into the realm of feeling like I am working with a semblance of the photographic process. Thats the justification for "why", is anyone doing it sucessfully, hassle free OS wise?

Sincerely,
              Michael
              mac person for past 18 yrs. but, an operating system is an operating system & if it drives the software . . .

macz5024

• http://www.markuszuber.com
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2008, 01:17:07 pm »

Is anyone running both rips off a single PC? Talked to ColorByte & was told they had not heard of any problems. So, is anyone actually doing it using a PC & XP OS? I realize it sounds a bit crazed given ImagePrints excellent B&W profile driven, tweakable profile capacity. I admit to the romantic lure of using seven values of carbon black ink with a photospectrometer & bringing it into the realm of feeling like I am working with a semblance of the photographic process. Thats the justification for "why", is anyone doing it sucessfully, hassle free OS wise?

Sincerely,
              Michael
              mac person for past 18 yrs. but, an operating system is an operating system & if it drives the software . . .
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=182506\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hi Michael

Yes, I am running both SP 12 and IP 7 on a Vista PC - but everything was running on XP as well.
I am using IP 7 on OSX as well - but SP 12 does not really work with VMWare or Parallels

Markus

silverhalide

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2008, 08:22:41 pm »

Hi Michael

Yes, I am running both SP 12 and IP 7 on a Vista PC - but everything was running on XP as well.
I am using IP 7 on OSX as well - but SP 12 does not really work with VMWare or Parallels

Markus
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=183003\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

silverhalide

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2008, 08:01:58 pm »

Marcus,
   Sorry for the false response. Not quite sure how I did it. Thank you very much for the reply regarding the RIPS. Being pretty unknowlegeable regarding the Windows OS, will I have any problems with the Epson drivers conflicting (7600 for StudioPrint, 7880 or whatever replaces it for ImagePrint) that are neccesary to have loaded for both RIPS on XP home edition? Have been running a 7600 & IP since the 7600 came out & a Mac of the same vintage. The PC is fairly new, passed the Vista compatibility test & is at least twice as fast as the Mac. I have really grown weary of buying equipment & the thought of being able to compress what I have is appealing. As I said, I have been a Mac person for 17 yrs  but I have to admit that the PC & Windows work &
ultimately, if the OS will support the software & printer it is simply the tool that allows the image to come forth.

Sincerely,
              Michael

macz5024

• http://www.markuszuber.com
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2008, 04:19:35 am »

Marcus,
   Sorry for the false response. Not quite sure how I did it. Thank you very much for the reply regarding the RIPS. Being pretty unknowlegeable regarding the Windows OS, will I have any problems with the Epson drivers conflicting (7600 for StudioPrint, 7880 or whatever replaces it for ImagePrint) that are neccesary to have loaded for both RIPS on XP home edition? Have been running a 7600 & IP since the 7600 came out & a Mac of the same vintage. The PC is fairly new, passed the Vista compatibility test & is at least twice as fast as the Mac. I have really grown weary of buying equipment & the thought of being able to compress what I have is appealing. As I said, I have been a Mac person for 17 yrs  but I have to admit that the PC & Windows work &
ultimately, if the OS will support the software & printer it is simply the tool that allows the image to come forth.

Sincerely,
              Michael
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=183821\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Michael

You will have to install the (original) Epson driver for the 7600 - which is not really made for Vista - but can be installed. I am using both a 7600 and a 9600 through SP (v12) - and there are no problems so far as IP is using non Epson drivers as well. Please note that you will need IP 7 or a new dongle driver - procedure described somewhere in this forum - in combination with version 6.1 to run IP perfectly.

Happy printing

Markus
« Last Edit: March 24, 2008, 04:19:59 am by macz5024 »
Pages: [1]   Go Up