Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: P30+ Landscape shooters  (Read 2495 times)

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
P30+ Landscape shooters
« on: March 18, 2008, 05:29:57 pm »

From the literature from Phase one, they claim that the P30+ can have color cast issues if you use a wide angle lens greater that 45mm.  Greater to me is 35mm or 28mm.  I also remember a article on this site which I believe tested the earlier P30 vs the P45 and found that the P30 had less sharpness out of the camera than the P25 or P45.  

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/essays/back-testing.shtml

Since this was written the + series have also been released.  

What are other shooters seeing with the P30+, in regards to color cast with a 35mm wide or in regards to overall sharpness.  I am also curious if anyone has shifted with the P30+, either using a Mamiya shift lens or a 4x5 mount and if they are seeing any color shifts?

I would appreciate any feed back from owners/shooters of the P30+ landscape/outdoor shooters.  

Paul Caldwell
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

Don Libby

• Iron Creek Photography
    • Iron Creek Photography
P30+ Landscape shooters
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2008, 07:14:35 pm »

Hi Paul

I’ve been shooting with a P30+ for just about a year now and so far if I do my part right the camera will do the rest – in other words I have yet to experience any major or serious problems.  And yes all I do is shoot landscapes.  I just picked up the 28mm lens late last year and have been able to capture some stunning images with this combo.  The lenses that I now use are the 28, 35 and 75-150.  I’m not in the position to post any images with this post however I invite you to visit my website.   The Jan/Feb issue of Phaseplus includes an interview with several images, all taken with the P30+ and either a 35 or 28mm.
http://www.phaseone.com/global/phaseplusne...etterJan08.aspx

I also have a Hartblei Super-Rotator that I used in the Sequoias last year with great results.

Hope this helps some

don
« Last Edit: March 18, 2008, 07:20:19 pm by Iron Creek »

jpjespersen

P30+ Landscape shooters
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2008, 07:48:46 pm »

Hi Paul

I’ve been shooting with a P30+ for just about a year now and so far if I do my part right the camera will do the rest – in other words I have yet to experience any major or serious problems.  And yes all I do is shoot landscapes.  I just picked up the 28mm lens late last year and have been able to capture some stunning images with this combo.  The lenses that I now use are the 28, 35 and 75-150.  I’m not in the position to post any images with this post however I invite you to visit my website.   The Jan/Feb issue of Phaseplus includes an interview with several images, all taken with the P30+ and either a 35 or 28mm.
http://www.phaseone.com/global/phaseplusne...etterJan08.aspx

I also have a Hartblei Super-Rotator that I used in the Sequoias last year with great results.

Hope this helps some

don
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=182522\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Do you have a link to your super rotater images.  I would like to see those.
Thanks,
JP

Morgan_Moore

• sammorganmoore.com
P30+ Landscape shooters
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2008, 12:29:09 am »

I think you need to clarify whether you are talking retrofocus lenses or view lenses

I think Phase are talking view lenses while don is talking retrofocus

ie cast issues tend to come into play with view camera sysle lenses where the back element is close to the sensor causing the light to hit at an angle or where movements are used also causeing the light to hit the sensor at an angle

retrofocus lenses have to have space to clear the mirror meaning that the light will hit the sensor more straight one and tend to cause less cast issues

I would imagine that the problems become possible an issue only when using a view camera

I dont have experience of any of these bits of kit BTW - do your own research

SMM
« Last Edit: March 19, 2008, 12:32:33 am by Morgan_Moore »
Sam Morgan Moore Bristol UK

Don Libby

• Iron Creek Photography
    • Iron Creek Photography
P30+ Landscape shooters
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2008, 10:57:59 pm »

Do you have a link to your super rotater images.  I would like to see those.
Thanks,
JP
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=182533\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

JP

Sorry for not posting earlier.  I just redid my website and took most of the Sequoia shots down.  I also just returned from a cliff dwelling shoot and need to work on those but I will post a couple of the Sequoia shots taken with the Hartblei very shortly.

don
« Last Edit: March 23, 2008, 02:23:33 pm by Iron Creek »
Pages: [1]   Go Up