Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson  (Read 2532 times)

Magic

Epson
« on: March 17, 2008, 06:41:02 pm »

Do you guys know how to reset Epson 7600 ?
Roll off paper run out in the middle of the printing and i can't reset paper out light again.
Thanks in advance.

larryg

• Larry gaskill photography
Epson
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2008, 07:02:16 pm »

my 7600 did the same one time.  I just loaded a new roll and it finished up printing and then everything ok.

Is your printer on line (ready)  if so what message/s is the printer giving you?

I think I ran a sheet  (and changed the feeder to sheet feeder) through it and then loaded the  new roll afterwards

I looked up the manual  page 6-3

Reload Paper, making sure the edges are straight and aligned with the vetical row of holes at the paper exit
(paper ran out)   Remove any printouts or paper remaining in the printe and load moe paper. If the message appears during a print job. reset the printer by pressing the pause button for 3 seconds. Then load paper and resend the job.

Hope this solves your problem.

Magic

Epson
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2008, 08:32:43 pm »

my 7600 did the same one time.  I just loaded a new roll and it finished up printing and then everything ok.

Is your printer on line (ready)  if so what message/s is the printer giving you?

I think I ran a sheet  (and changed the feeder to sheet feeder) through it and then loaded the  new roll afterwards
I looked up the manual  page 6-3

Reload Paper, making sure the edges are straight and aligned with the vetical row of holes at the paper exit
(paper ran out)   Remove any printouts or paper remaining in the printe and load moe paper. If the message appears during a print job. reset the printer by pressing the pause button for 3 seconds. Then load paper and resend the job.

Hope this solves your problem.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=182242\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I have no problem with running sheets but when i change to roll red light goes on and the message is " paper out". Pressing pause button for 3 sec does not reseting this message.

larryg

• Larry gaskill photography
Epson
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2008, 09:40:37 pm »

Not sure where to go from here.  I would reset, open and close the paper lever. Restart computer and printer, check the paper setting (to be sure set on roll paper).

Maybe someone else can suggest things  beyond a service call?

some further tilps on 6-3  (when paper out light on)

Make sure the right paper is loaded and the paper source setting is the same on the control panel and printer software.

After you finish loading paper, pull the paper lever all the way forward to the secured position.

If you have the manual this probably is not helping much
« Last Edit: March 17, 2008, 09:44:34 pm by larryg »

Farmer

Epson
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2008, 05:20:00 am »

You have changed the printer to roll mode, right?  Double check that.  Also ensure you have no bright lights facing down on the printer (or direct sunlight etc) as that can sometimes intefere with the optical sensor that detects the paper.
Phil Brown

mmurph

• http://
Epson
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2008, 01:34:44 pm »

Make sure to kill all of the jobs in the print queue.

If there is a mis-match between the settings for teh current job and what you set on the printer you will get error messages.

Clean out the print queue, load a sheet, set the printer up, try to print to a sheet, etc.

You will probably be fine I think.

Best,
Michael
Pages: [1]   Go Up