Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Leopard doesn't like my Eye-One Display 2  (Read 4492 times)

stewarthemley

Leopard doesn't like my Eye-One Display 2
« on: March 17, 2008, 06:49:53 am »

Just moved to a Macbook Pro with leopard installed and it lets my eye-one display 2 go through the motions of measuring the screen, ie creating the profile, but at the point of saving it I get the "unexpectedly quit" message.  I have the latest vs of 3.6.2 installed, and the display works perfectly on my windows system.

Strangely, it did complete one profile correctly on the Mac (which incidentally was a very close match with my windows system monitor which was great to see) but since then it doesn't want to know. I installed CS3 and LR on the Mac after doing the successful profile but I'd be surprised if that is the problem. I thought about removing Adobe Gamma but don't know my way round the Mac yet enough to find it - although it's still on my windows system and doesn't cause a problem there. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the eye-one software countless times, tried doing a profile for LCD and laptop, easy and advanced, but still no go. Everything else works perfectly. Any ideas would be gratefully received.

jackbingham

• http://www.integrated-color.com
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2008, 07:19:24 am »

You won't find adobe gamma on the mac, and you should definitely uninstall it on the pc.
Jack Bingham
Integrated Color Corp Maker

stewarthemley

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2008, 07:34:24 am »

You won't find adobe gamma on the mac, and you should definitely uninstall it on the pc.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=182072\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks, Jack. That's one thing less to worry about! And I just realized, I uninstalled it on the PC long ago, just forgot about it.

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2008, 07:34:49 am »

I run this on my Macbook (Leopard and earlier) with no issues, its something else going on with your system.

Definitely find Adobe gamma (just do a Find or command F) and trash it!
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

stewarthemley

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2008, 07:47:07 am »

I run this on my Macbook (Leopard and earlier) with no issues, its something else going on with your system. [a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=182074\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks for the reply, Andrew. I was afraid it might be something not right with my Mac system. Trouble is, I haven't altered anything, simply installed CS3, LR and the eye-one software. Now I have to start sifting through an unfamiliar system looking for... I'm not sure what. There's lots about the Mac I really like so I'm going to avoid comments about their claim "the Mac just works." Just wished mine just worked.

Jack Flesher

• www.getdpi.com
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2008, 05:33:32 pm »

Have you installed the latest OSX 10.5.2 update? This fixed a few color issues, though admittedly I didn't have any issues profiling with my Eye-1 unit before that update...
Jack
[url=http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/

stewarthemley

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2008, 06:50:00 pm »

Have you installed the latest OSX 10.5.2 update? This fixed a few color issues, though admittedly I didn't have any issues profiling with my Eye-1 unit before that update...
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=182228\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hi Jack - thanks for replying. 10.5.2 was already on the machine when I bought it, I waited for the update of the Macbook Pro, got it the day they were released.  Andrew (above) said he thought it was a Mac problem and that seems logical but since then I have contacted x-Rite support and their response was they're aware there can be a problem but it's rare (ie not many people have it and I'm one of the lucky ones!). They said they will get back to me asap. I guess it's fingers crossed time.
Pages: [1]   Go Up