Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: New Mamiya-Phase One body announced  (Read 56959 times)

PdF

New Mamiya-Phase One body announced
« on: March 16, 2008, 07:47:04 am »

The new Mamiya - Phase One is announced. It can be used with Mamiya ZD backs, Phase one P+, and may be with other backs (?).

The new body accepts Mamiya 645 AF and 645 manual, Hasselblad V and Pentacon six/Kiev 6x6 lenses.

A new Capture One 4.1 Program (also for Mamiya ZD) converts RAW with lenses corrections habylities.

PdF
PdF

BJNY

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2008, 08:47:23 am »

Awaiting info on build-quality, robustness, dedicated AF button, reduced shutter release lag, sync speed, etc.
Guillermo

michael

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2008, 08:55:52 am »

The official announcement isn't tell Wednesday the 19th, but the info in that report is correct. They just jumped the gun.

I have an article on the subject coming on Wednesday with additional details.

Michael

Snook

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2008, 09:52:12 am »

The official announcement isn't tell Wednesday the 19th, but the info in that report is correct. They just jumped the gun.

Michael
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=181879\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
P+ Only of the P series..
why would that be..
Hope there is a typo..
IF the P30 does not work, which I do not see why it would not.. I'll be quite upset!!
Snook
The only thing I care about is if they have leaf shutter lens or Faster sync in the body!!

samuel_js

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2008, 10:29:39 am »

P+ Only of the P series..
why would that be..
Hope there is a typo..
IF the P30 does not work, which I do not see why it would not.. I'll be quite upset!!
Snook
The only thing I care about is if they have leaf shutter lens or Faster sync in the body!!
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=181891\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
P series will be compatible too of course...

Mike Chini

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2008, 12:37:49 pm »

V-series?!  This is intriguing.  Can't wait to hear more.

NikonMike

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2008, 01:45:34 pm »

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=181879\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Great news, Michael! Can't wait!
Did you have a chance to test an actual camera? I guess we'll find out soon enough...  

RobertJ

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2008, 04:44:38 pm »

You can already use all of those lenses on the current 645AFD bodies with adapters for Hassy V, or whatever lens you want to use.

And I also have converted ZD files in C1 4 already.  Not to mention Leaf files, Hasselblad files, etc....

collum

• http://www.jcollum.com
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2008, 05:51:51 pm »

You can already use all of those lenses on the current 645AFD bodies with adapters for Hassy V, or whatever lens you want to use.

And I also have converted ZD files in C1 4 already.  Not to mention Leaf files, Hasselblad files, etc....
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=181949\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

you've been able to get C1 v4 to convert Leaf Aptus files? (.mos)? do you need to do anything special?
            jim

RobertJ

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2008, 08:53:48 pm »

Yes, it does require some work that most people would rather not do, but...

Step 1: Convert to DNG (whether it's Leaf/ZD/Hasselblad)
Step 2: Open the DNG in a Hex editor (like this free one: http://www.softcircuits.com/cygnus ) and you'll see in the editor it will say at the top, for example "LEAF Aptus 22 firmware version blahblah"....

Just replace "LEAF" with "LLLL" and C1 will open it.  Replace "Hasselblad" with "HHHHHHHHHH" for Hassy files, and Mamiya with "MMMMMM" for the ZD, etc.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2008, 08:55:04 pm by T-1000 »

Panopeeper

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2008, 09:09:24 pm »

Just replace "LEAF" with "LLLL" and C1 will open it.  Replace "Hasselblad" with "HHHHHHHHHH" for Hassy files, and Mamiya with "MMMMMM" for the ZD, etc.

One of the strongest argument for using camera specific software instead of Adobe is the less than optimal color reproduction by the latter.

When going the above described route, the color conversion (from the camera's address space in sRGB or whatever) will occur the way Adobe's defined it, practically identical to the colors ACR's converts to. What is the point to go with C1 at all?
Gabor

RobertJ

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2008, 09:11:49 pm »

No point really.  If you like the way C1 resolves detail, along with its sharpening tools, then go right ahead.  Actually, you don't have to use the Adobe color profile.

I recommend Leaf Capture for Leaf files over both C1 and Adobe ACR/Lightroom.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2008, 09:14:26 pm by T-1000 »

RobertJ

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2008, 12:44:14 am »

Yes, just google "hex editor for mac".  You should be able to find one quite easily.

Streetwise

• DavidAnderson.tv
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2008, 07:40:21 am »

Will this camera take an Aptus back as well?

Dave

Graham Mitchell

« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2008, 08:21:12 am »

Am I the only one thinking that there's nothing really new about this camera? The Pentacon adapter is the only news and sounds like a half-baked solution (lenses are all 10+ years old, no autofocus, is there any service still available? etc)

Dave
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=182078\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yes, the DB mount is not new.

Leonardo Barreto

• http://leonardobarreto.com/
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2008, 09:42:38 am »

Foto-Z Is not that there is nothing new, the camera has not come out yet, we only have some details/ we don't know who the "European" lens maker will be, and I don't think it is Pentacon with an adapter an MF lenses do you? we don't know about the leaf lenses either.

We do know that the Hy6 traded wide angles for a rotating back so that is nothing new in the positive direction, and the H system is a closed architecture nothing positive as well.

The 645 AF/AFD is already much better than the other available systems that only a small increment will make it even more so ... but then again, this is only one more bias opinion  and speculation while we wait for the information

Am I the only one thinking that there's nothing really new about this camera? The Pentacon adapter is the only news and sounds like a half-baked solution (lenses are all 10+ years old, no autofocus, is there any service still available? etc)
Yes, the DB mount is not new.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=182084\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
[font=Comic Sa

Graham Mitchell

« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2008, 09:59:39 am »

We do know that the Hy6 traded wide angles for a rotating back so that is nothing new in the positive direction, and the H system is a closed architecture nothing positive as well.

Actually a rotating back makes no difference to the size of the image circle, or difficulty in making wide angle lenses. It is the decision to release lenses which still cover 6x6 which is making the wide angle difficult. I can only assume that larger sensors are coming and they are planning ahead.

The 645 AF/AFD is already much better than the other available systems
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=182097\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Well that is very much a matter of opinion

NikonMike

« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2008, 10:20:55 am »

[...The 645 AF/AFD is already much better than the other available systems...]
Well that is very much a matter of opinion
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=182102\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Just wait until they announce all available colors!  

pprdigital

• http://www.phaseone.com
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2008, 10:53:29 am »

The 645 AF/AFD is already much better than the other available systems that only a small increment will make it even more so ... but then again, this is only one more bias opinion  and speculation while we wait for the information
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=182097\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

"H system is a closed architecture nothing positive"?

On the contrary, there many positive aspects to the "closed system architecture". More critical focus due to focus adapation and known placement of the sensor in relation to the camera, automatic correction of lens distortion, apochromatic aberrations, and vignetting, etc. My customers find these aspects extremely positive.

There is much positive news on the Hy6 as well. It accepts digitally adjusted Schneider AF lenses, employs a fast and responsive AF system, provides ergonomically advanced camera controls, and will continue to benefit from digital/camera integration into the future.

While I think the Mamiya AFD is a fine camera - I am a Mamiya reseller, and the Aptus 65 with free Mamiya AFDII is a great value right now - let's be honest, it's always been the "value" choice, not the preferred solution. While H2 cameras were in production, they outsold Mamiya cameras by more than 3 to 1 in the US, despite the higher price.

Steve Hendrix
www.ppratlanta.com/digital.php
Steve Hendrix
[url=http://www.phaseone.c

redbutt

« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2008, 11:07:34 am »

Dave
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=182078\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

According to the "pre-released" info on the PhaseOne forum (before this leak), the camera is the same back mount as the current 645 AFD II...so yes.  When I bought my P20+ back in the 645 mount, they guaranteed me that the back would "just work" on the new camera.
Baird Photography
Check out my personal Slacker Station
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up