Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HP DJ130 driver issues  (Read 1945 times)

rickk

HP DJ130 driver issues
« on: March 15, 2008, 01:19:43 am »

I recently sold my DesignJet 130, which had worked fine for a couple of years. The new owner has been unable to get his computer running Windows to install the driver or talk to the printer and sent the following message:
"I'm having trouble installing the HP software.  With both the CD and downloaded software, I'm getting a Windows Installer... error (error 1719, I've gathered) and have been going at it for over 20 hours, Googling fixes.  Nothing works.  Driver seems to be installed.  Switched video cards
back to nVidia, as I thought it may be an ATI driver conflict.  Can't even print a test page.  The right 2 tabs of the printer properties appears to be in a foreign language.  Can't use the service option.  The printer usually shows an hourglass.  Once it showed 6 empty ink levels until I restarted the PC.  Printer will also respond to holding on/off button and pressing OK button 4 times, with mixed results.  I tried the USB and serial connections."

Any suggestions about what he should try?  Thanks.

neil snape

• http://www.neilsnape.com
HP DJ130 driver issues
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2008, 04:20:55 am »

I recently sold my DesignJet 130, which had worked fine for a couple of years. The new owner has been unable to get his computer running Windows to install the driver or talk to the printer and sent the following message:
"I'm having trouble installing the HP software.  With both the CD and downloaded software, I'm getting a Windows Installer... error (error 1719, I've gathered) and have been going at it for over 20 hours, Googling fixes.  Nothing works.  Driver seems to be installed.  Switched video cards
back to nVidia, as I thought it may be an ATI driver conflict.  Can't even print a test page.  The right 2 tabs of the printer properties appears to be in a foreign language.  Can't use the service option.  The printer usually shows an hourglass.  Once it showed 6 empty ink levels until I restarted the PC.  Printer will also respond to holding on/off button and pressing OK button 4 times, with mixed results.  I tried the USB and serial connections."

Any suggestions about what he should try?  Thanks.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=181619\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hmmm. IF you can't print out the stats on the printer from the LCD front panel, there is no sense in looking at the software installation...

IF there is jibberish in the print windows often it is using a language other than the op sys when installed. I wouldn't suggest to try running older soft on Vista or 64 bit stuff but I am really not a PC guy.
If anything kills HP installs, it is Norton utilities. Another thing to turn off while installing.

rickk

HP DJ130 driver issues
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2008, 10:21:03 am »

Neil: Thanks for your help on this matter and all your other HP info that you've contributed here.

Rick
Pages: [1]   Go Up