Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: D300 Live Histogram?? digital skin texture?  (Read 2512 times)

Peter Frahm

D300 Live Histogram?? digital skin texture?
« on: March 14, 2008, 11:27:38 pm »

Is there a live histogram available on the D300..I keep hearing NO or, that it's available only in Live view in Tripod mode with some button pushes..apparently this might not be true either..what's the story?

If there is no live histogram available this seems like a really dumb leave out on the part of Nikon.

Second..Anyone out there with a d300 that's shooting in the studio under strobe, good light, that can comment on the D300's rendering of skin texture?

Not skin color..I'm interested in how it digitally inteprets skin. Some cameras fare better..I've noticed strangeness from some digital skin textures..comments or samples from the D300?

Thanks

duraace

D300 Live Histogram?? digital skin texture?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2008, 06:10:21 pm »

Is there a live histogram available on the D300..I keep hearing NO or, that it's available only in Live view in Tripod mode with some button pushes..apparently this might not be true either..what's the story?

If there is no live histogram available this seems like a really dumb leave out on the part of Nikon.

Second..Anyone out there with a d300 that's shooting in the studio under strobe, good light, that can comment on the D300's rendering of skin texture?

Not skin color..I'm interested in how it digitally inteprets skin. Some cameras fare better..I've noticed strangeness from some digital skin textures..comments or samples from the D300?

Thanks
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=181596\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I've not been able to see a live histogram on my D300 in either live preview modes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up