Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Impressive blood drive, Michael.  (Read 11175 times)

DarkPenguin

Impressive blood drive, Michael.
« on: March 14, 2008, 10:41:00 am »

Lots of people with a 1 next to their post count today.  What is the record for new forum members off of one post?  (I'm betting it was one of the Olympus posts.)

barryfitzgerald

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2008, 10:45:15 am »

Would be nice to expect some element of logic to a post, rather than a personal one. Sure I posted a fair bit, pretty good topic.

There is a point to that thread, there is not to this one ;-)

DarkPenguin

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2008, 10:59:10 am »

There is a point.  I'm very curious what article has caused the most people to join the forum.  I doubt this information has been tracked but if it has I'd like to know.  And obviously it is time limited to the couple of days between articles.  Articles made before heading off to antarctic would obviously have an advantage.  These are the things that keep a site alive.

And the byline wasn't really a personal attack on you.  That would have gone to anyone who could state that they are a veteran of the dpreview forums with anything other than shame.  (How about those sony lens tests?)

barryfitzgerald

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2008, 11:20:38 am »

And the byline wasn't really a personal attack on you.  That would have gone to anyone who could state that they are a veteran of the dpreview forums with anything other than shame.  (How about those sony lens tests?)
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=181419\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

We all know Dpreview is a lively place for a debate, and sometimes the odd "nasty bar brawl" happens too. I sure do get stuck into debates at times, I see nothing wrong with that. Not sure I should be ashamed of anything. As for the sony lens, looks like an iffy one to me, but thats a side issue. I have posted threads here, not so much. I find this a place for more "reasoned" debates.

It is true I am no 4/3rds fan, but then if that is the basis for your posting, its a pretty weak one.

DarkPenguin

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2008, 11:26:50 am »

We all know Dpreview is a lively place for a debate, and sometimes the odd "nasty bar brawl" happens too. I sure do get stuck into debates at times, I see nothing wrong with that. Not sure I should be ashamed of anything. As for the sony lens, looks like an iffy one to me, but thats a side issue. I have posted threads here, not so much. I find this a place for more "reasoned" debates.
It wasn't personal.

It is true I am no 4/3rds fan, but then if that is the basis for your posting, its a pretty weak one.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=181426\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
You'll have to explain that connection to me.

barryfitzgerald

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2008, 11:29:38 am »

My mistake, I misread your ist post, Olympus.

Never mind, anyway..I am sure Michael expected a bit of a debate after putting up his article, and maybe even enjoy it a bit! The key point here is, we can agree not to agree, whilst at the same time being able to have some respect for others.

DarkPenguin

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2008, 11:36:00 am »

My mistake, I misread your ist post, Olympus.

Never mind, anyway..I am sure Michael expected a bit of a debate after putting up his article, and maybe even enjoy it a bit! The key point here is, we can agree not to agree, whilst at the same time being able to have some respect for others.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=181430\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I'll go with that.

My apologies for the byline.

Still curious about which posts have caused the most new forum members.  I've an idea it is the same thread that caused the biggest exodus, but I won't speak the name.

Rob C

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2008, 01:59:40 pm »

I'll go with that.

My apologies for the byline.

Still curious about which posts have caused the most new forum members.  I've an idea it is the same thread that caused the biggest exodus, but I won't speak the name.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=181434\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hey, Mr P!

Lolita?

Rob C

DarkPenguin

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2008, 02:05:52 pm »

That would be my guess.

Rob C

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2008, 04:55:46 pm »

That would be my guess.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=181471\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Who is Barry Fitzgerald?

Rob C

Edit: Ah! I see, a fellow poster on another thread.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2008, 04:58:06 pm by Rob C »

Tim.Lewis

• http://
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2008, 08:59:31 pm »

Hi All

Well, to all you LL members that have been here for ages, you have possibly fallen in to the complacency in your membership and may have forgotten what a good forum you have here.

I stumbled across your forum when trawling for information on medium format digital backs.  Being a member of a few forums, I was impressed by the LL forum from the start.  It was not a single article but the overall quality that caused me to want to join.  

Keep up the good work!

Cheers

Tim
[span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'][span style='font-family:Geneva']Got a Mac, not going back![/span][/span]

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2008, 11:47:39 pm »

Welcome to the (mostly) civilized forum, Tim.

Some folks can get a little testy at times even here, but for the most part the discourse is quite genteel. And there are some really knowledgable people who regularly share valuable information and images.

Once I discovered LL a few years ago, I pretty much gave up any other photography forum. This is indeed a great place to hang out.

Eric
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

Rob C

« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2008, 05:56:18 am »

Welcome to the (mostly) civilized forum, Tim.

Some folks can get a little testy at times even here, but for the most part the discourse is quite genteel. And there are some really knowledgable people who regularly share valuable information and images.

Once I discovered LL a few years ago, I pretty much gave up any other photography forum. This is indeed a great place to hang out.

Eric
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=181604\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Agree with you 100% regarding the paucity of alternative forum space worth visiting, but it´s still a pity that there are those around who have ideas different to mine. Even an idiot can see that I am right all the time.

Rob C

Eric Myrvaagnes

« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2008, 02:13:58 pm »

Agree with you 100% regarding the paucity of alternative forum space worth visiting, but it´s still a pity that there are those around who have ideas different to mine. Even an idiot can see that I am right all the time.

Rob C
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=181650\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
It's comforting to realize that, therefore, you necessarily agree with me all the time.  

Petrjay

« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2008, 03:25:02 pm »

Rob C
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=181650\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Rob, I'd wager that there are hordes of idiots who are in complete agreement with your position on any subject 100% of the time.  

Peter J

lightstand

« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2008, 05:29:06 pm »

What I'd like to know is how many books Sebastian Copeland sold of "Antarctica – The Global Warning" after the LL essay?

Wonder if it's true there is no bad press?!    
« Last Edit: March 15, 2008, 05:32:35 pm by lightstand »

DarkPenguin

« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2008, 08:32:38 pm »

What I'd like to know is how many books Sebastian Copeland sold of "Antarctica – The Global Warning" after the LL essay?

Wonder if it's true there is no bad press?!   
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=181771\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I bought it.  But then I had an insane borders discount coupon I wanted to use and they were out of Blacklock's Minnesota's North Shore.

Rob C

« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2008, 06:10:51 pm »

Rob, I'd wager that there are hordes of idiots who are in complete agreement with your position on any subject 100% of the time.   

Peter J
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=181750\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I´m glad you realise that; they are about to elect me to the post of Emperor but I feel that´s taking it a little too far - modesty is in my nature, you know!

Rob C

Rob C

« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2008, 06:11:56 pm »

It's comforting to realize that, therefore, you necessarily agree with me all the time. 
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=181738\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

You see? I knew you´d understand!

Rob C

Eric Myrvaagnes

« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2008, 09:34:25 pm »

You see? I knew you´d understand!

Rob C
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=181963\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
And it only requires one idiot, not a horde of them.  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up