Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cleaning sensor on Aptus 17  (Read 1807 times)

buzzski

• Scottish wedding  photography on film and digital
Cleaning sensor on Aptus 17
« on: March 10, 2008, 05:21:29 pm »

OK, so this question has maybe been asked a million times here but... What are people using to clean their sensors? What is good and what is to be avoided? Thanks in advance for your input.

lance_schad

« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2008, 09:17:47 pm »

OK, so this question has maybe been asked a million times here but... What are people using to clean their sensors? What is good and what is to be avoided? Thanks in advance for your input.
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

DigiClean is what PhaseOne includes with their digital backs a is a two part cleaner. There is a soapy solution and an alcohol one that are used one after another for stubborn dirt. Usually you can get away with just the alcohol. It also comes with wipes and a a stiff plastic piece to wrap the wipe around to get an even swipe.

We have these in stock. A picture an description is available here:

[a href=\"http://www.captureintegration.com/phase-one/custom-products/]http://www.captureintegration.com/phase-one/custom-products/[/url]

I have seen something from sensor swab I think, but do not have experience with it.

L
Lance Schad
Capture Integration - Miami/Atlanta
305-394-3196 cell | 305-534-5702 office
Capture Integration , Phase One Dealer of the Year
lance@captureintegration.com
LANCE SCHAD - DIGITAL TRANSITIONS

Dustbak

• Pepperanddust
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2008, 03:56:42 am »

I use a rocket blower initially and when that doesn't work I revert to more drastic measures. Drastic measures I don't have to apply that often even though I do take of the back quite regularly.

I use pec-pads and eclipse fluid (alcohol) (the same stuff as sensor swab). I use a tissue on both sides only once and swipe with my hands/fingers.

I have been doing this for years now and have never had one single problem. I think there are numerous ways of doing it, everything that doesn't scratch the glass of the IR/AA filter, takes of the dirt is fine.
Pages: [1]   Go Up