Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ICC Profiles for Epson 1280  (Read 8609 times)

smb

ICC Profiles for Epson 1280
« on: March 10, 2008, 02:00:28 pm »

When the Epson 1280 first came out, I was able to obtain the ICC profiles from this site.  I am now upgrading my operating system from XP to Vista.  The Epson site has drivers for Vista for the 1280, but the ICC profiles are not even available for XP much less Vista.

Are ICC profiles still available from this site for the 1280 that would work with Vista.  If not, will the profiles on the Epson site work with Vista.

If none of the above will work, does anyone have a suggestion of how to manage the color printing (other than get a new printer!)

Thanks for any suggestions.

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2008, 02:21:35 pm »

The driver should install all the Epson profiles.
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

Jack Varney

• http://
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2008, 10:33:28 pm »

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=180445\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

And that ain't many!
Jack Varney

smb

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2008, 10:02:25 am »

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=180445\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks very much for the answer.  I was hoping that would be the case.  So much for Epson Tech Rep knowledge!

francois

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2008, 10:19:16 am »

You should be able to download profiles from the Epson support pages (here) althoug I can only see support for ColorLife paper. On my Mac, 9 profiles are included in the standard 1280 package.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2008, 10:24:26 am by francois »
Francois

Chris_T

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2008, 09:42:08 am »

Thanks very much for the answer.  I was hoping that would be the case.  So much for Epson Tech Rep knowledge!
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=180585\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

You can tell who have lots of free time on their hands.

If I recall correctly, the 1280 ICC profiles are included in the Mac driver, but not in the PC driver. I still have them for XP, and think they would work for Vista as well. Leave your e-mail, and I'll send them.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2008, 09:44:13 am by Chris_T »

smb

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2008, 10:57:57 am »

If I recall correctly, the 1280 ICC profiles are included in the Mac driver, but not in the PC driver. I still have them for XP, and think they would work for Vista as well. Leave your e-mail, and I'll send them.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=180831\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Chris:

Thanks for the offer:  You can send them to reg001@nc.rr.com.

Thanks again.

PRG

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2008, 10:08:10 am »

Quote from: Chris_T

I would greatly appreciate getting these 1280 ICC profiles for my printer if you still have them. They would be helpful in getting better results from my printer until such time as I can afford the 2880.

Farmer

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2008, 04:49:43 pm »

BTW - yes the profiles will work under Vista - there's no OS dependency in relation to the profiles.
Phil Brown

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2008, 06:19:41 am »

Thank you for your expert advice, the check's in the mail.

Edmund

Quote from: Farmer
BTW - yes the profiles will work under Vista - there's no OS dependency in relation to the profiles.
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

Farmer

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2008, 07:53:48 am »

Quote from: eronald
Thank you for your expert advice, the check's in the mail.

Edmund

/shrug

The OP asked a specific question - will the profiles work under Vista.  Despite many helpful replies, none answered that question specifically.  So I answered it.
Phil Brown

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2008, 07:38:20 pm »

Will the profiles load? Yeah, sure. Will they actually do what they're supposed to do ? Well, that depends on the printer driver behavior being identical to the one they were generated on.  Few guarantees on that from PS version driver and OS version to version, especially cross OS, even if theoretically it should (could ?) match. Oh, I'm having one of those days when I cannot get should and could straight. Must have been living in France too long.

Yes, yes, the check should be in in the mail. Just wait a few more days

My experience with those old Epsons that they really, really need custom profiling. Newer ones, less. I'll be delighted to do a "pay me whatever you feel like if you feel like it" profile for the OP to test my latest profiling suite for the Barbieri spectros. Anyone else can apply, but anyone with more serious expectations is welcome to try Andrew. He's better than me at this game, and correspondingly more expensive. I assemble the software, he knows how to use it

Edmund

Quote from: Farmer
/shrug

The OP asked a specific question - will the profiles work under Vista.  Despite many helpful replies, none answered that question specifically.  So I answered it.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2008, 07:46:07 pm by eronald »
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

Farmer

« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2008, 02:31:42 am »

They obviously have the limitations of a canned profile, but they sure will be better than having nothing.

No argument that the earlier printers had more issues - they were far less stable and drifted easily.

The newer ones are increasingly good, for a swag of reasons.
Phil Brown
Pages: [1]   Go Up