Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Accessing Camera Raw Via Bridge  (Read 3653 times)

OpticalMedia

Accessing Camera Raw Via Bridge
« on: March 09, 2008, 06:05:15 pm »

I have a problem in using bridge CS3. I cannot open my negative files straight into Camera raw. when i double click on my files photoshop opens first followed by camera raw with my image. Why can i not open straight into camera raw? its a little irritating as it is time consuming and inconvenient.

Cant seem to find open with Camera raw first..

regards
Michael Suttner

Richowens

« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2008, 06:09:49 pm »

Michael,

Camera Raw is not a standalone program, it is a plugin for Photoshop.

So yes, it is operating correctly.

Rich

Raw shooter

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2008, 06:44:37 pm »

I have a problem in using bridge CS3. I cannot open my negative files straight into Camera raw. when i double click on my files photoshop opens first followed by camera raw with my image. Why can i not open straight into camera raw? its a little irritating as it is time consuming and inconvenient.

Cant seem to find open with Camera raw first..

regards
Michael Suttner
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=180275\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
You can open Raw files directly from Bridge, without opening Photoshop first.  
Just change the Preferences in Bridge (Edit>Preference>General> Behavior).  Then double clicking a Raw file in Bridge with take you directly to Camera Raw.

walter.sk

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2008, 09:03:28 pm »

You can right-click the thumbnail in Bridge, and the context menu will offer a choice of Open In Camera Raw, which will be hosted by Bridge.

The recent book, Real World Camera Raw with Adobe Photoshop CS3 by Bruce Fraser and Jeff Shewe, spends quite a few pages discussing the several ways of accessing Camera RAW from both Photoshop and Bridge, with different implications for each.  In addition there are ways of accessing Camera Raw without actually opening it.

Any question I could come up with about Camera RAW vis-a-vis CS3 and Bridge is addressed in this book in a clear fashion with enough of an explanation of the technical aspects of it to provide real "Aha!" experiences.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2008, 09:04:33 pm by walter.sk »

OpticalMedia

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2008, 05:39:52 pm »

Thanks for the responses, however I still cannot get bridge to host the version of Camera raw 4.3.1 I have. by right clicking on a thumbnail and going to open with all i get is for the image to be opened in Adobe photoshop CS3 Extended (default). If i click this only then does my image open in Camera raw. This was not a problem when i had CS2. I also tried changing preferences but to no avail. I cannot find anything that mentions allowing me to host Camera raw default in bridge. I suspect this has somthing to do with the fact that my camera Raw plugin in not shared in the correct folder for bridge perhaps? Could it be because of the fact that i have a pirated version of CS3 extended? I am a student and right now i can not afford the full creative suite as new.

Anyways as is so happens ordered the book, Real World Camera Raw with Adobe Photoshop CS3 by Bruce Fraser and Jeff Shewe, a while ago and it got delivered to me today.

any help aprreciated once again
Michael

jeremydillon

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2008, 06:58:53 pm »

If you're using windows, try hitting Ctrl+R ... thats what I do.
Or go [File]->[Open in Camera Raw]

jerryrock

• The Grove Street Photographer
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2008, 07:30:29 pm »

Bridge Preferences/General/Behavior/ check the box corresponding to: "Double-Click Edits Camera Raw Settings in Bridge".
Gerald J Skrocki

jjj

• http://www.futtfuttfuttphotography.com
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2008, 09:17:04 am »

There have been a lot of complaints about Bridge not opening RAW files correctly on the Adobe forums. You either have the problem or you don't.

You simply do not have RAW options in preferences and then no right click option in Bridge to open RAW files  [Cntrl/Cmmd+R has no effect either]. The workaround was to open into PS and then save files tweaked in ACR rather than open further. One chap had 4 identical machines in his office and one had the problem and the others didn't. Complete reinstalls of OS + CS3 had no effect. Adobe seem to be keeping schtum on the various Bridge problems this time. With 1.0, they admitted there were issues and tried to sort them. I've almost given up on it myself as a result of it's failings. Annoying as I like it and it can do a lot of things that LR can't [but should] do.
Tradition is the Backbone of the Spinele
Pages: [1]   Go Up