Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Worm  (Read 5673 times)

stamper

Worm
« on: March 07, 2008, 01:48:06 pm »

I realise this isn't going to be the most popular thread posted here but I am not going to apologise for it  Two weeks ago I downloaded the trial version of PK sharpener and since then I have done a virus check on my system and discovered a worm infestation in the zip I-Worm/Nuwar It was picked up by AVG Anyone else had this problem?
« Last Edit: March 07, 2008, 02:14:33 pm by stamper »

feppe

• Oh this shows up in here!
    • Harri Jahkola Photography
Worm
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2008, 02:48:24 pm »

I realise this isn't going to be the most popular thread posted here but I am not going to apologise for it  Two weeks ago I downloaded the trial version of PK sharpener and since then I have done a virus check on my system and discovered a worm infestation in the zip I-Worm/Nuwar It was picked up by AVG Anyone else had this problem?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=179842\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

The worm could've been in your computer already, and infected the zip file.

John.Murray

• Images by Murray
Worm
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2008, 03:04:00 pm »

This one had been making the rounds since late 2006 - it's primarilly spread via malicious links included in email:

http://vil.nai.com/vil/content/v_140835.htm

-John

kaelaria

• http://www.bgpictures.com
Worm
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2008, 04:08:22 pm »

This isn't going to be the most popular reply and I don't apologize for it.

You don't have a clue and computer newbies that post stupid complaints are annoying.

Anyone else have this problem?

Tim Lookingbill

Worm
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2008, 05:02:45 pm »

Back in '99 I got the Hong Kong worm off a MacAddict magazine CD. It was suppose to expire on a certain date so I waited until then and it still invected my OS 8.6 Mac system. I removed the worm with Norton Antivirus with its latest definitions downloaded from their site.

Took an Iomega Zip drive with some jpegs I copied from my system over to have printed at my local service bureau using Windows 95. The technician indicated their antivirus software detected the worm and cleaned it from my drive before printing the images.

When I got back home and inserted the Zip drive I ran Norton Antivirus and it detected the worm again.

How does anyone prove all this stuff works with results like that.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2008, 05:04:43 pm by tlooknbill »

John.Murray

• Images by Murray
Worm
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2008, 06:11:48 pm »

Quick Follow-up:

I just downloaded and scanned current version of the PK-Sharpner ZIP archive from their site - it's clean.

Further follow up:

I find disparaging and disrespectfull remarks from supposed "computer professionals" equally annoying.  

I'm only glad the the real professionals here, such as Jeff Schewe, Andrew Rodney, Michael, etc. etc.  refuse to partake in such behavior.

Just *my* opinion . . .

tived

• http://
Worm
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2008, 12:36:35 am »

Quick Follow-up:

I just downloaded and scanned current version of the PK-Sharpner ZIP archive from their site - it's clean.

Further follow up:

I find disparaging and disrespectfull remarks from supposed "computer professionals" equally annoying. 

I'm only glad the the real professionals here, such as Jeff Schewe, Andrew Rodney, Michael, etc. etc.  refuse to partake in such behavior.

Just *my* opinion . . .
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=179895\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

hi all,

What makes you think that *ANY* Professionel Photographer knows anything about computers?  
Computers is not what made them Professionel Photog's    (ofcourse nowadays it is more computer based) but trust me two of the three (to my knowledge   ) you mentioned, had already made it before the Digital Age became what it is today, which would give them the title Pro Photog.  

So a contributer/member here, found a virus in a program that many of us here use, and by the looks of things he felt that he needed to express his concerns here.

This forum probably wasn't the right place to start, I for one, would have contacted PixelGenius first, to check if it was a common problem, before alerting the rest of the world.

It little bit of tolerance would go a long way here  

Henrik

stamper

Worm
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2008, 06:56:00 am »

I contacted pixel genius and I am awating a reply Possibly AVG gave a false positive Only trying to help
« Last Edit: March 09, 2008, 07:00:21 am by stamper »

stamper

Worm
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2008, 07:02:11 am »

Quote from: kaelaria,Mar 7 2008, 04:08 PM
This isn't going to be the most popular reply and I don't apologize for it.

You don't have a clue and computer newbies that post stupid complaints are annoying.

Anyone else have this problem?

You know nothing about me so please keep your personal comments to your self That is why I started the thread
« Last Edit: March 09, 2008, 07:03:50 am by stamper »

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
Worm
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2008, 11:33:13 am »

I contacted pixel genius and I am awating a reply Possibly AVG gave a false positive Only trying to help
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=180186\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

They replied, as did others here, that for a fact, there's no worm.

IF you didn't get a reply, its likely you have some kind of spam filter running but I checked, they did get your email, they did reply within HOURS of the request, stating that there is no worm on any of the download products. You got it elsewhere.
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

stamper

Worm
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2008, 02:29:13 pm »

They replied, as did others here, that for a fact, there's no worm.

IF you didn't get a reply, its likely you have some kind of spam filter running but I checked, they did get your email, they did reply within HOURS of the request, stating that there is no worm on any of the download products. You got it elsewhere.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=180221\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks for the replies As stated I was trying to help I have now seen the reply It simply said.......none
Pages: [1]   Go Up