Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: London's Met Police In Idiotic Ad Poster Shocker  (Read 27377 times)

dalethorn

London's Met Police In Idiotic Ad Poster Shocker
« Reply #40 on: May 16, 2008, 10:18:25 pm »

Don't quite get this terror thing.  I always park in Lot C near LAX - no security there, not likely even cameras.  I take video of jets coming in - so close you have to zoom all the way out to wide to get the jet in the frame.  Nobody ever said anything to me.

Rob C

« Reply #41 on: May 17, 2008, 04:49:45 am »

Don't quite get this terror thing.  I always park in Lot C near LAX - no security there, not likely even cameras.  I take video of jets coming in - so close you have to zoom all the way out to wide to get the jet in the frame.  Nobody ever said anything to me.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=196197\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Why the multiple videos of jets? Seen one, you´ve seen ´em all! Bad for your ears, too.

Rob C

DiaAzul

• http://photo.tanzo.org/
« Reply #42 on: May 17, 2008, 05:46:19 am »

Sorry for my lack off knowledge off the English language.

What's the diffrence beetween stupid and dumb?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=196075\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Stupid is libellous. Dumb is someone who cannot speak (though it also has a slang meaning of stupid - which would also be libellous). You are better using the word silly which has no legal meaning.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2008, 05:47:08 am by DiaAzul »
David Plummer    http://photo.tanzo.org/

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #43 on: May 18, 2008, 03:19:18 pm »

Stupid is libellous. Dumb is someone who cannot speak (though it also has a slang meaning of stupid - which would also be libellous). You are better using the word silly which has no legal meaning.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=196222\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Nonsense. "Stupid" has no more of a "legal meaning" (whatever you imagine the significance of that two-word phrase could be) than "dumb" or "silly".

"Silly" could be just as defamatory as "stupid", or indeed "dumb".

On the other hand, as countless posts here and elsewhere ably demonstrate, there are many people in respect of whom the defence of justification would be established without a great deal of effort.

Jeremy

Panorama

« Reply #44 on: May 30, 2008, 06:58:44 am »

That is exactly the same kind of stupidity that causes normal people to be shot in the tube by paranoid and mentally disturbed policemen.

So now they want to spread paranoia well beyond their circle and soon there will be witches flying around (and coupling with the devil disguised as a black cat) and plague spreaders everywhere. Somebody will propose a law to send suspected people to the stake unless proved not guilty.

They will call it "the patriotic stake act".

I cannot believe how stupid people can be in the XXI century. And the worse is, this kind of mentality, if accepted, will warrant an enormous compression of the civilization conquests of these last two centuries and a half, for "security reasons".

Disgusting.

Cheers
Fabrizio
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=179568\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hmmm... "paranoid and mentally disturbed policemen". Is there any other kind?
« Last Edit: May 30, 2008, 12:30:45 pm by Panorama »

Panorama

« Reply #45 on: May 30, 2008, 08:11:49 am »

Right, ah yes. Muslims with a beard = extremist looky likey  - is that what your rather incoherent comment is clutching at, papa v2.0?

Maybe you'd like to illustrate your post with some useful pictorial guides for us as to what Muslim extemists look like - perhaps it would help so we don't unwittingly leave the house looking like one.

Jeez 
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=180265\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Oy! From right wing fear mongering to this......

Here we go; the overly pretentious and extremely dim-witted politically correct view rears its ugly head....
« Last Edit: May 30, 2008, 12:31:32 pm by Panorama »

dalethorn

« Reply #46 on: May 30, 2008, 11:17:05 am »

The legislations always have to be accompanied by propaganda, and the propaganda has to be relentless to maintain the agenda.  Unfortunately in the U.S., ClearChannel and Infinity have ganged up to control such a large segment of the broadcasting (esp. talk shows) that the propaganda stream is virtually guaranteed for years to come.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up