Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Poll on liquid acrylic coatings.  (Read 1792 times)

Charles Gast

Poll on liquid acrylic coatings.
« on: March 06, 2008, 08:06:14 am »

I'm wondering how many people are using Premier Art Eco.  It is the only one I am aware of that went through Wilhelm testing.  There is also the Golden varnish. I see people here mentioning Glamour the most. Just wondering what the reasons are that people chose one over the other.
As for me the Eco and Glamour have the same pre application appearance. The Eco gloss is thinner than Glamour.  The Eco and Glamour gloss looks the same when dry. Goldens product has a different appearance before application than Eco or Glamour. For me the Wilhelm testing is the biggest differentiator I can find.

Charlie

Dward

« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2008, 08:00:17 am »

Quote from: Charles Gast,Mar 6 2008, 08:06 AM
I'm wondering how many people are using Premier Art Eco.  It is the only one I am aware of that went through Wilhelm testing.  There is also the Golden varnish. I see people here mentioning Glamour the most.

I've used each of these, and ClearStar Type C (canvas) as well.  The easiest to roll on smoothly has been the ClearStar, though I've gotten good results from all of these coatings.   One advantage of the ClearStar is that it seems to dry a bit more slowly than the Eco Shield and Glamour, which allows the coating to flatten more smoothly.

Charles Gast

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2008, 10:49:13 am »

I was using clearstar until I noticed it yellowed. Reportedly it yellows just enough to warm the print a little then it yellows no further.
Pages: [1]   Go Up