Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Camera raw cs2  (Read 1936 times)

stamper

Camera raw cs2
« on: March 06, 2008, 04:58:44 am »

After setting the end points in camera raw using a combination of alt and clipping and importing the image in to PS I routinely use a threshold layer The threshold varies quite often when setting the end points Sometimes as much as twenty in the highlights Which is the most accurate? TIA

Jonathan Ratzlaff

Camera raw cs2
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2008, 12:55:34 am »

Why would you use this on a routine basis?. Unless you are creating high contrast images, with either white or black and no midtones this command is not very useful. No one I know incorporates this into their workflow.  I think it is a holdover from lithography and unless you are imitating this process for some reason you don't need this

stamper

Camera raw cs2
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2008, 06:50:55 am »

After setting the end points in camera raw using a combination of alt and clipping and importing the image in to PS I routinely use a threshold layer The threshold varies quite often when setting the end points Sometimes as much as twenty in the highlights Which is the most accurate? TIA
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=179515\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I use it to find the black end point and white end point in a colour image It is a well documented method of doing so that is similar to levels and using the alt and moving sliders In levels moving the mid point isn't useful Using the threshold and curves is better You note the numbers in threshold and input them in curves and set the end points and then an S curve controls the mid tones
« Last Edit: March 09, 2008, 06:52:08 am by stamper »
Pages: [1]   Go Up