Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson 1400 and Syper3Print paper profiling  (Read 5386 times)

gellsw1

Epson 1400 and Syper3Print paper profiling
« on: March 05, 2008, 03:36:32 pm »

In recent years, I have used the Epson 1280 printer and have printed black and white images without any color cast, on matte paper, using the provided Epson paper profiles. Now I am using the Epson 1400 and black and white prints are not neutral, they have a distinct color cast. The canned Epson paper profiles are not great. Would a better paper profile produce a neutral black and white print or is the limitation in the printer itself? Is the Spyder3Print package a good product for producing paper profiles?

francois

« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2008, 05:05:54 am »

You can read more about PrintFix Pro/Spyder 3 Print in this discussion thread. Users have mixed results with this product…
The alternative is the more expensive products from x-rite. The cheaper route is to have custom profiles made for your paper/printer.
Francois

gellsw1

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2008, 09:34:44 am »

You can read more about PrintFix Pro/Spyder 3 Print in this discussion thread. Users have mixed results with this product…
The alternative is the more expensive products from x-rite. The cheaper route is to have custom profiles made for your paper/printer.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=179516\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thank you for the link to the other discussion thread.

KeithR

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2008, 09:42:39 am »

In recent years, I have used the Epson 1280 printer and have printed black and white images without any color cast, on matte paper, using the provided Epson paper profiles. Now I am using the Epson 1400 and black and white prints are not neutral, they have a distinct color cast. The canned Epson paper profiles are not great. Would a better paper profile produce a neutral black and white print or is the limitation in the printer itself? Is the Spyder3Print package a good product for producing paper profiles?
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

There is forum for the Data Color products Spyder and PrintFix Pro on Yahoo.
[a href=\"http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/colorvision_group/?yguid=77473018]http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/colorvi...?yguid=77473018[/url]
The destination is our goal but it’s the journey we experience

neoprinter

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2008, 05:22:56 am »

You lucked out with the 1280, but you shouldn't have gotten the 1400 to print black and white.  A good custom profile would fix your problem, but black and white works better with a K3 printer and Advanced B&W on Innova Fibaprint semimatte.  The 1400/Claria ink is great for color photography on glossy paper, especially one like Harman gloss fiber base.

gellsw1

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2008, 10:47:32 am »

You lucked out with the 1280, but you shouldn't have gotten the 1400 to print black and white.  A good custom profile would fix your problem, but black and white works better with a K3 printer and Advanced B&W on Innova Fibaprint semimatte.  The 1400/Claria ink is great for color photography on glossy paper, especially one like Harman gloss fiber base.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=180377\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thank you for the paper reference and I will seek out a better paper profile also.
Pages: [1]   Go Up