Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: New Phase One camera body  (Read 26185 times)

Snook

New Phase One camera body
« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2008, 05:42:27 pm »

Might not be the right forum to post but thought I throw it out there anyways..:+}
Does anybody know if you can have the Mamiya AFDII beep when in  focus?
Can you focus a manually and have it show the green light when you are in focus with manual focus?
Thanks for any info..:+}
Snook

Leonardo Barreto

• http://leonardobarreto.com/
« Reply #41 on: March 09, 2008, 06:12:02 pm »

I don't know if it will beep, but I use it all the time with AF in OFF and focus with the hand following the two arrows and green dot. It is very accurate and energy efficient much better than with no green light, but some times, when I am pointing to a texture less object I have to focus with my old eyes.

Might not be the right forum to post but thought I throw it out there anyways..:+}
Does anybody know if you can have the Mamiya AFDII beep when in  focus?
Can you focus a manually and have it show the green light when you are in focus with manual focus?
Thanks for any info..:+}
Snook
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=180272\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
[font=Comic Sa

thsinar

• http://www.sinarcameras.com
« Reply #42 on: March 10, 2008, 09:09:03 am »

Leonardo,

I won't ever go as far as pretending that it is "mine"!

Best regards,
Thierry

In my case I may seam to be often criticizing Thierry's Hy6 and .....
Love and let love friends 
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=180268\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
« Last Edit: March 10, 2008, 09:09:50 am by thsinar »
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

shutay

• http://www.asiaphotohub.com/Jason/
« Reply #43 on: March 11, 2008, 02:45:45 am »

Has anybody seen this??? A string of announcements have appeared on the Mamiya Japan website on the same day:

1. Mamiya RB67 adapter for the ZD back.
2. Mamiya M645 Pro TL200 camera (??? Did I get this right?)
and...
3. Mamiya 645 AFDIII / Phase One 645 AF camera! (Edited:) it looks like just an announcement stating many of the few "facts" that have been discussed here, that it will be revealed at the PIE. There is something in the beginning about "world wide camera sales carrying through a network release." Anybody read Japanese?
http://www.mamiya.co.jp/news_20080310_a.html

I don't have any Mamiya gear at all, and never did, but still can't help but feel excited about this.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2008, 02:53:00 am by shutay »

billthecat

« Reply #44 on: March 11, 2008, 02:57:25 am »

Thx for the update. I'm wondering what is really different about the AFD3 to the AFD2.

You can use Google to translate:
http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=e...%3Doff%26sa%3DG

Bill

John_Black

• http://www.pebbleplace.com
« Reply #45 on: March 11, 2008, 03:17:02 am »

There's something about C1 4.1 supporting MEF files (nice for ZD owners), and a mention of lens corrections (in the software).  I guess CA & fall-off correction.

BJNY

« Reply #46 on: March 11, 2008, 08:22:10 am »

So, Pentacon is the European lens manufacturer.
As I recall, their 60mm Curtagon and 150mm Tele-Xenar for the Exacta 66 were sought after (still?)
Guillermo

Graham Mitchell

« Reply #47 on: March 11, 2008, 08:49:09 am »

So, Pentacon is the European lens manufacturer.
As I recall, their 60mm Curtagon and 150mm Tele-Xenar for the Exacta 66 were sought after (still?)
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=180576\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

...which is owned by Schneider.

What is not clear from that webpage is whether there is merely a new adapter to allow use of Pentacon lenses (as with Hasselblad V), or will there be a new line of lenses?

If these lenses are new, then why use the Pentacon name and not Schneider? Will these not be 'premium' lenses?

stefan marquardt

• http://www.stefanmarquardt-architekturbild.de
« Reply #48 on: March 11, 2008, 09:03:03 am »

del.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2008, 10:45:47 am by stefan marquardt »
stefan marquardt
stefanmarquardt.de arch

Graham Mitchell

« Reply #49 on: March 11, 2008, 09:25:23 am »

dont know who owns the pentacon-name nowadays. maybe carl zeiss or the zeiss-jena people?

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=180581\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I just answered that in the last post. Schneider.

Leonardo Barreto

« Reply #50 on: March 11, 2008, 11:48:09 am »

*The name apears to be "PHASE ONE 645 AF"

*There is a 645 Pro TL 200 in at least 9 different colors

*シャッタースピードは1/4000秒から60分まで対応。

Shataspeedo wa 1/4000 bio kara ... which if I remember my Japanese well (my wife is from Tokyo) they are talking about shutter speeds of one four thousand of a second... but don't know about flash speeds..

*ハッセルブラッドVシリーズレンズ
Hasselblad series V lenses .. when talking about what the Phase One 645 AF will accept.  

One way to go to market with leaf lenses would be to make the body work with existing higher flash sync optics like Hasselblad.

By the way, I don't know why the AFD lost the capacity to work with leaf lenses that the 645 Pro TL had ??
« Last Edit: March 11, 2008, 11:56:23 am by Leonardo Barreto »
[font=Comic Sa

Mort54

• http://
« Reply #51 on: March 11, 2008, 12:11:03 pm »

It's always dangerous to put too much stock in online translations of foreign language sites, but the Google translation of the 645 Pro TL 200 page suggests this is just a limited edition of a fairly old model, not a new camera per se. From the translation, it appears the only thing new is the colors. If that's the case, it's a shame, because the body looks interesting, with a removable pentaprism finder and an optional waist-level finder.

Regarding the leaf lenses, I guess I'll be mildly surprised if they're anything other than off-the-shelf lenses used with an adapter. I'd certainly like to be surprised, however.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2008, 12:13:07 pm by Mort54 »
I Reject Your Reality And Substitute My

Quentin

• Quentin on Facebook
« Reply #52 on: March 11, 2008, 01:54:41 pm »

As the press release from Mamiya is dated 10 March, one might hope that Phase One would also relase some more info.

What seems interesting is that the same or similar cameras will be sold by Mamiya and by Phase One. I wonder how much difference there will be between the two bodies.

This is the most likely upgrade path for me as and when I move from my ZD camera.

Quentin
« Last Edit: March 11, 2008, 01:58:14 pm by Quentin »
Quentin Bargate, ARPS, Author, Arbitrato

Snook

« Reply #53 on: March 11, 2008, 02:52:24 pm »

*The name apears to be "PHASE ONE 645 AF"

*??????????1/4000???60??????

Shataspeedo wa 1/4000 bio kara ... which if I remember my Japanese well (my wife is from Tokyo) they are talking about shutter speeds of one four thousand of a second... but don't know about flash speeds..

*????????V???????
Hasselblad series V lenses .. when talking about what the Phase One 645 AF will accept. 
One way to go to market with leaf lenses would be to make the body work with existing higher flash sync optics like Hasselblad.

By the way, I don't know why the AFD lost the capacity to work with leaf lenses that the 645 Pro TL had ??
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=180608\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I agree but they do not...
Stupid marketing move there..:+}
specially b/c I have the 55/80/150 LS mamiya lens...:+}
It is because when the lens is not triggered when the mirror drops...:+}
Seems like they could make some kind of electric adaptor..
Hopefully they get something out soon..:+}
Snook

Leonardo Barreto

« Reply #54 on: March 11, 2008, 03:39:01 pm »

It is as if they never had the curiosity to go to forums like this and address the main issues and complains.

... No, we don't want the film-only-Pro TL in 9 colors.... it is interesting that it was almost the same thing that Hasselblad did with the classic 6x6 model a few years ago...

I agree but they do not...
Stupid marketing move there..:+}
specially b/c I have the 55/80/150 LS mamiya lens...:+}
It is because when the lens is not triggered when the mirror drops...:+}
Seems like they could make some kind of electric adaptor..
Hopefully they get something out soon..:+}
Snook
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=180656\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
[font=Comic Sa

jing q

• we are super
« Reply #55 on: March 11, 2008, 05:05:17 pm »

It is as if they never had the curiosity to go to forums like this and address the main issues and complains.

... No, we don't want the film-only-Pro TL in 9 colors.... it is interesting that it was almost the same thing that Hasselblad did with the classic 6x6 model a few years ago...
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=180666\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

the japanese market is different though...they have a nice fetish for vintage cameras and apparently the pro tl is quite a famous one

Leonardo Barreto

« Reply #56 on: March 11, 2008, 06:31:58 pm »

Yes, this seams to be a limited edition sold on their website for a format that first came out in 1975 and is now the way to go (except for the Hy6 that is betting on 6x6). I you are a camera collector this is one to get. I like the white one, or yellow... $3,671.32 for the kit ?

the japanese market is different though...they have a nice fetish for vintage cameras and apparently the pro tl is quite a famous one
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=180677\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
[font=Comic Sa

amsp

« Reply #57 on: March 11, 2008, 07:09:15 pm »

I think this thread is a good example to why it is a bad idea for companies to release vague press releases and then sit on the details until trade shows in this age of internet and discussion boards. People are making statements one more ridiculous than the other, based on google translations of a japanese text. Pentacon 6 being the so called "european lens manufacturer" P1 hinted about? Common people, seriously.

For starters Pentacon 6 was a camera discontinued in the 90's, not a lens manufacturer. Second, I hardly think Mamiya is going to compete with H3D and Hy6 with a Franken-camera with 20 year old manual lenses. What they probably were saying is that with adapters you can also use Hasselblad and Pentacon 6 mount lenses if you like.

I think the most likely thing is we're going to see Schneider AFD lenses in the Mamiya mount.

free1000

• http://www.foliobook.mobi
« Reply #58 on: March 11, 2008, 07:25:09 pm »

I think the most likely thing is we're going to see Schneider AFD lenses in the Mamiya mount.

If so I'd break open the bubbly. My Mamiya needs a couple of leaf shuttered schneiders. Especially a 50, a zoom and a 150.... f2 plz.

Looking at the Pentacon website it seems that their brand is widely marketed today. Maybe there is better name recognition for Pentacon in Japan than Schneider? Seems unlikely but... if the Japanese really want 654 film cameras in 11 disgusting cameras then lord knows what brand names sound better! Remember in Japan people like drinks with names like 'Pocari Sweat' and 'Calpis'

The 'Pentacon' name is formed from PENTAgonal as in prism in viewfinder and  CONtax, so it doesn't suggest a lack of quality.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2008, 07:35:46 pm by free1000 »
@foliobook
Foliobook professional photo

Snook

« Reply #59 on: March 11, 2008, 07:58:34 pm »

Yes, this seams to be a limited edition sold on their website for a format that first came out in 1975 and is now the way to go (except for the Hy6 that is betting on 6x6). I you are a camera collector this is one to get. I like the white one, or yellow... $3,671.32 for the kit ?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=180690\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Those cameras are sweet looking...:+}
with matching prism finder.. Where do I sign up..:+}
Snook
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up