Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: z3100 doesnt' print entire page  (Read 2586 times)

Charles Gast

z3100 doesnt' print entire page
« on: March 04, 2008, 08:46:25 pm »

Has there been a fix for the defect of the HPz3100 that causes it to not finish when printing on 11x17 sheets?  It stops printing a full inch before the end of the sheet. It  fades off instead of finishing the job
I know it has been mentioned here in the past

Thanks

Charlie

walter.sk

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2008, 08:45:27 am »

Has there been a fix for the defect of the HPz3100 that causes it to not finish when printing on 11x17 sheets?  It stops printing a full inch before the end of the sheet. It  fades off instead of finishing the job
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

If you print from a PC, or have the Mac dual platform setup, you could get Qimage, a printing program.  It allows you to override some of the Z3100 printer driver's arbitrary layout quirks.  It also has on-the-fly interpolation schemes that are worth looking into.  I, like many others, no longer print from Photoshop, but use Qimage.

This link should work if you're willing to download a free trial:

[a href=\"http://ddisoftware.com]Qimage[/url]

Mary K

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2008, 09:01:49 am »

Charlie,

I often print on 11x17 Harman Gloss FB AI, and have not had any problems getting the full print.  I am running Windows Vista, and I usually print through CS3, although I also use Qimage from time to time.  Both work fine for me, although I'm not fully satisfied with the output sharpening when printing with Qimage.  

Mary
Mary Konchar

Charles Gast

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2008, 11:13:03 pm »

Thanks for the input  
I am using inkjetart luster sheets.
I need to experiment to see if the 13x19's do this too. The inkjet art is the only sheet stock I feed and that is not too often lately.  I think though if the 11x17 was doing this in the past I would have noticed.  I was contacted by another member here who said a sensor went bad on his z and they had to replace it.  I will get that out of the way if need be before the warranty is up!

Charlie

peteh

• http://
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2008, 08:21:24 pm »

Thanks for the input  
I am using inkjetart luster sheets.
I need to experiment to see if the 13x19's do this too. The inkjet art is the only sheet stock I feed and that is not too often lately.  I think though if the 11x17 was doing this in the past I would have noticed.  I was contacted by another member here who said a sensor went bad on his z and they had to replace it.  I will get that out of the way if need be before the warranty is up!

Charlie
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=179473\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
The sensor your talking about is Called an OOPS Sensor and means Out Of Paper Sensor. Mine ,on my Z3100ps GP just died and HP is supposed to ship me one soon.They say it is "User Replaceable"  

Charles Gast

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2008, 10:54:51 am »

The sensor your talking about is Called an OOPS Sensor and means Out Of Paper Sensor. Mine ,on my Z3100ps GP just died and HP is supposed to ship me one soon.They say it is "User Replaceable" 
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=179688\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Could your printer detect to load when you fed paper in?  The rep told me that if it works the oops sensor is OK.  I ended up changing my print settings to Manual Feed and in the driver box I changed the layout to Oversize. It now prints sheets the way it did before. Still no word on why it changed suddenly and forced me to make settings changes.

peteh

• http://
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2008, 03:43:56 pm »

Could your printer detect to load when you fed paper in?  The rep told me that if it works the oops sensor is OK.  I ended up changing my print settings to Manual Feed and in the driver box I changed the layout to Oversize. It now prints sheets the way it did before. Still no word on why it changed suddenly and forced me to make settings changes.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=179805\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
No ,it won't detect or load paper.Even if I push up the lever and run a sheet in and put the lever back down.It won't load sheet stock either.
Pages: [1]   Go Up