Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: RSS l-plate & remote release  (Read 3416 times)

Sigi

• http://www.betterphoto.com/Premium/default.aspx?id=267034&mp=V2
RSS l-plate & remote release
« on: March 04, 2008, 09:44:43 am »

Hello,

I am interest in buying the RSS L-plate for a Canon D40. I also want to use wireless shutter release.

I am wondering if:

a) this is possible
 how much fiddling is it to get everything plugged in with the the L-plate installed

Thanks

Sigi

DarkPenguin

« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2008, 10:29:28 am »

Dunno if this helps ...

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp...essage=26621724

Note that if you loosen the bracket you can slide it so you have more space on the plug side of the camera.  At the cost of stability I'm sure.

So far I haven't hooked anything up to it with the L-Bracket on.

aduke

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2008, 02:59:31 pm »

Hello,

I am interest in buying the RSS L-plate for a Canon D40. I also want to use wireless shutter release.

I am wondering if:

a) this is possible
 how much fiddling is it to get everything plugged in with the the L-plate installed

Thanks

Sigi
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=179031\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

If the wireless release plugs into the same socket as the wired release, then it will be possible, but just barely.

When I first tried to plug my wired release into the camera through the RRS L-plate, I gave up in frustration. A couple of days later, I found that it could be done, but with some difficulty. The big trouble maker is the rubber seal that normally covers the socket. It must be folded back over itself and held there while you slip the L-plate into the clamp. Changing the camera from horizontal to vertical will be slower than without a release device.

Alan

sojournerphoto

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2008, 03:33:44 pm »

If the wireless release plugs into the same socket as the wired release, then it will be possible, but just barely.

When I first tried to plug my wired release into the camera through the RRS L-plate, I gave up in frustration. A couple of days later, I found that it could be done, but with some difficulty. The big trouble maker is the rubber seal that normally covers the socket. It must be folded back over itself and held there while you slip the L-plate into the clamp. Changing the camera from horizontal to vertical will be slower than without a release device.

Alan
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=179107\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Not directly the same, but it's fairly easy to plug the timre remote into a 5D with a Kirk Lplate in place. Soon I'll know about the 1Ds3 with an RSS bracket, but I'll be a bit sore if there isn't sufficient room.

Mike

francois

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2008, 03:01:15 am »

Hello,

I am wondering if:

a) this is possible

Thanks

Sigi
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=179031\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Sigi,
Why don't you give RRS a call?
Francois
Pages: [1]   Go Up