Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: LaCie vs Eizo or something else?  (Read 29414 times)

BJNY

LaCie vs Eizo or something else?
« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2008, 10:39:34 am »

My 211 has higher delta E than my 210 had.  (DDC hardware calibrated with Color-Eyes)
Guillermo

Frank Doorhof

• http://
LaCie vs Eizo or something else?
« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2008, 01:56:42 pm »

Your Delta E (actually the drift from perfect ) is not the whole story.

Often this is only measured for the grayscale, for a good monitor you need the following things.

1. Good primaries and secondaries (actually this is were ALOT of monitors just plain fail, and you can forget all the rest).
2. High bit correction options, prefarable in the panel itself, very important for graduates, without it your picture will look horrible in graduates.
3. Good grayscale tracking, I always keep a dE below 5 for 30-100 IRE as a standard.
4. Good Gamma, preferable for me personally between 2.2 and 2.4
5. Good contrast value, for me prefarable 1000:1 or higher MEASURED AT THE CALIBRATED settings of max 130 cdm2
Alot of monitors will give you 2000:1 at their highest lightoutput and will drop considerably when calibrated (often well below the 700:1 mark)
6. Color and brightness uniformity (also VERY important, especially for skinwork and clothing)
7. NO digital enhancements like everything with dynamic or sharpness
8. black casing (looks like something less important but for longer times working behind it it's very important, it gives you a higher contrast feeling and it's easier on the eyes, they will concentrate on the screen instead of the casing)
9. Resolution, for me 1600x1200 is the ideal resolution and preferable nothing less.
10. Option to change the angle, height of the monitor.

This all combined makes the monitor perfect or less perfect.

dE is just a measurement and means little if all the other things are not present.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up