Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Kodak Pro Back compatibility  (Read 2292 times)

Kumar

• http://www.bskumarphotography.com
Kodak Pro Back compatibility
« on: March 03, 2008, 10:38:58 pm »

AFAIK, only the ProBack Plus works with a view camera, with an adapter plate from KaptureGroup. Is any other adapter available?
Can the other ProBack models 645C/M/H also do that? Any reason why they don't work in the same way as the other manufacturers' backs?

Cheers,
Kumar

Morgan_Moore

• sammorganmoore.com
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2008, 03:20:11 pm »

AFAIK, only the ProBack Plus works with a view camera, with an adapter plate from KaptureGroup. Is any other adapter available?
Can the other ProBack models 645C/M/H also do that? Any reason why they don't work in the same way as the other manufacturers' backs?

Cheers,
Kumar
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=178977\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I owned a 645 m some years ago

I seem to remember - but I may not be correct - that is DOES NOT work with a view camera

Thea reason being that say when using my sinar the back is fired by an external cable plugged into the bottom of the back

The 645M did not have such a connection and therefroe would need to be fired by a connection mirroring the camera connection ir on the front of the back

If my memory serves my right the Proback was suitable for use with view cameras - it must have had a facility for cable release

Maybe a more complex sliding back is available that offeres the correct electronics to fire the 645m - I dont think so

In defence of the 645m I did create some stitched files (rotating the camera around the lens node) that would compete with nearly any MFDB files that could be created with todays generations of digiback

SMM
« Last Edit: March 04, 2008, 03:22:34 pm by Morgan_Moore »
Sam Morgan Moore Bristol UK

Kumar

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2008, 04:08:18 pm »

Thanks, Sam. So my friend will need to get the Proback Plus. Do you know if anyone makes a simple Graflok adapter, rather than the expensive sliding option from KaptureGroup?

Cheers,
Kumar

Morgan_Moore

• sammorganmoore.com
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2008, 06:24:56 pm »

Thanks, Sam. So my friend will need to get the Proback Plus. Do you know if anyone makes a simple Graflok adapter, rather than the expensive sliding option from KaptureGroup?

Cheers,
Kumar
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=179130\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Note this bit of my last post

"but I may not be correct "

I would imagine most of the view camera makers make Vmount adapters for thier systems

S
Sam Morgan Moore Bristol UK

Kumar

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2008, 06:40:05 pm »

Note this bit of my last post

"but I may not be correct "

I would imagine most of the view camera makers make Vmount adapters for thier systems

S
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=179163\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Kodak has a compatibility chart for the ProBack Plus that lists only the KaptureGroup solution. It might work with a simple V mount adapter from another source. If anyone could confirm this?

Cheers,
Kumar

John Thomas

• http://www.fisheye.ws
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2008, 09:52:37 pm »

Kumar,

I sent you a private message.  I have a used Kapture Group Adapter and all accessories.  I would like to sell it.  I have more info for you upon your request.

John

Kodak has a compatibility chart for the ProBack Plus that lists only the KaptureGroup solution. It might work with a simple V mount adapter from another source. If anyone could confirm this?

Cheers,
Kumar
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=179167\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Pages: [1]   Go Up