Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Camera test suggestions?  (Read 1501 times)

oceanrhythms

New Camera test suggestions?
« on: March 03, 2008, 10:11:42 pm »

Tomorrow I will be picking up my new Nikon D300 and now I have been reading about back/front focusing problems with this camera.  Does anybody have any suggestions on checking for this problem or other general suggestions on testing new cameras to make sure the camera should be working the way it is suppose to be working.

To start I had planned on photographing a simple still life including different items such as some fruit, a bright detergent box like Tide, a blue racquetball, blue shinny Christmas ornament....... different things with different colors.  The lighting will be about 30 degrees camera right or left for good shape.  Time of day will not be sunrise/sunset nor will it be mid-day.  Maybe 9:00 am or 3:30 pm..... something like that so the color doesn't go too warm.  I want the color to be as neutral as possible for the test.  Then maybe I'll shoot again at sunset or later for those higher ISO's.

Thanks for your help!
John

sojournerphoto

New Camera test suggestions?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2008, 06:10:11 am »

Tomorrow I will be picking up my new Nikon D300 and now I have been reading about back/front focusing problems with this camera.  Does anybody have any suggestions on checking for this problem or other general suggestions on testing new cameras to make sure the camera should be working the way it is suppose to be working.

To start I had planned on photographing a simple still life including different items such as some fruit, a bright detergent box like Tide, a blue racquetball, blue shinny Christmas ornament....... different things with different colors.  The lighting will be about 30 degrees camera right or left for good shape.  Time of day will not be sunrise/sunset nor will it be mid-day.  Maybe 9:00 am or 3:30 pm..... something like that so the color doesn't go too warm.  I want the color to be as neutral as possible for the test.  Then maybe I'll shoot again at sunset or later for those higher ISO's.

Thanks for your help!
John
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=178974\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

If you look through the 1Ds3 focusing thread you'll find some stuff that will probably help - look for the sections on microadjustment.

Mike
Pages: [1]   Go Up