Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Nikon vs Canon "color" in images  (Read 8535 times)

DocD

Nikon vs Canon "color" in images
« on: March 03, 2008, 04:27:02 pm »

I have been shooting with a Canon 5D and recently tried a Nikon D3. While I thought the technicalities of the Nikon were superb, there was a slightly different color palate present.

Do you find the two cameras... shooting RAW... converted by same ACR in CS3... give a somewhat different "color look"?

Thanks

sojournerphoto

« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2008, 06:12:28 am »

I have been shooting with a Canon 5D and recently tried a Nikon D3. While I thought the technicalities of the Nikon were superb, there was a slightly different color palate present.

Do you find the two cameras... shooting RAW... converted by same ACR in CS3... give a somewhat different "color look"?

Thanks
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=178909\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I think the default colour renderings differ between my Canon 5D and 1Ds3 in DPP at least. I've not done any close comparison in ACR yet, and the 5D is calibrated already so the rendering is no longer ACR standard, but yes renderings from different cameras can look different. DXo allows you to render files from one camera to look like the default from another...

Mike

Jonathan Wienke

• http://visual-vacations.com/
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2008, 08:52:36 am »

The color palate of any digital camera is entirely dependent on the profile used to convert the RAW data to a rendered image. By altering the profile (or to a lesser degree, tweaking the calibration sliders in ACR), you can give any digital camera the "look" of any other digital camera or film.

sojournerphoto

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2008, 10:10:46 am »

The color palate of any digital camera is entirely dependent on the profile used to convert the RAW data to a rendered image. By altering the profile (or to a lesser degree, tweaking the calibration sliders in ACR), you can give any digital camera the "look" of any other digital camera or film.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=179273\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks Jonathan,

my original post wasn't clear that the colour out depends on the rendering and not particularly on the input device (camera)

Mike
Pages: [1]   Go Up